The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had a break down or if there is a place somewhere to see what year had what options. I see some talk of power locks in some and some have sun visors and others don’t. I read a review online saying no lotus has power locks/windows/steering along with no cup holder/light dimmer/glove box. I also read on the forums that the 2011 is adding more of this kind of stuff. I know most of this is not a hug need for some and I would think one could get this stuff later on after market. What I want is to know what of these options are available on what makes. Particularly Elise and Exige. I understand the engine options just wondering about interior stuff. Also I read somewhere that most of the car is Velcro? Or maybe that meant Velcro will stick to most of the dash and what not?

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
I found a great source for this the other night. I think it was Wikipedia try it. I know it has the basics broken down. The one I found had every iteration of every model Elise. I didn't know there were that many iterations!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never saw this on the wiki, will look again thx.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had a break down or if there is a place somewhere to see what year had what options. I see some talk of power locks in some and some have sun visors and others don’t. I read a review online saying no lotus has power locks/windows/steering along with no cup holder/light dimmer/glove box. I also read on the forums that the 2011 is adding more of this kind of stuff. I know most of this is not a hug need for some and I would think one could get this stuff later on after market. What I want is to know what of these options are available on what makes. Particularly Elise and Exige. I understand the engine options just wondering about interior stuff. Also I read somewhere that most of the car is Velcro? Or maybe that meant Velcro will stick to most of the dash and what not?
Ok. NOW you're kidding, right?

Most of the car is NOT velcro. Most of it is double sided carpet tape.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes a bit of a kidding around about it being serious, but not about someone saying that. I think he/she meant Velcro stick anywhere. Though over time that is going to mad the carpet up.

R4Racin, I assumed you meant the Lotus Elise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia wiki. I recalled correctly, your incorrect, this does not talk about these type of options. After re-reading it I tried a search for common features ( glove, cup, locks ) and no hits found. I saw one blurb about the federal having "ABS brakes, electric windows, and carpet"

hmm, ok I'm board.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArBG6DmpiFU3dEZ0QmpOYlFOTENXWFR3dlg2ZVpNVHc

If you have a gmail account you can edit this. Going to figure out what I can online and fill it in maybe more will jump in, maybe not.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Can I ask a serious question:

- have you ever even SEEN an Elise?

Again, where do you live? Try to reach out to some nearby owners to see in person.

BTW - re: the velcro, there was an option in some model year '07 cars that included the 'Velcro Traction Control'. If you pressed this little button (right next to the cruise control button), 2" strips of velcro appeared from the tires and increased overall grip. Perfect for track use and trips to Bed Bath and Beyond.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I had a friend the owed one in I think 07. I road in it a few times but memory fails me in regards to details. One of these days I'm going to take the two hour trip and test drive an 11 but in reality I wont be buying an 11. Its not the kind of car you can just go out and see. They are quite rare. Costs wise I'm thinking 07 or 06 would be spot on but I'm trying to figure out whats in them. Sure whats a power windows Elise vs a roller window Elise. Though it would still be nice to know. I certianly can not test drive and see all models from 05 to 11.

see now there is another one. "cruise control" I read online ( a review ) that the Elise would not add cruise control because its a car designed to be raced. And I'm pretty sure I read they included it on the 11 model. This is what is annoying, there is no definitive answer out there and again wiki does not mention it.

and this
Read below to view information on options for the 2011 Lotus Elise 2dr Conv. Many vehicles offer different packages such as upgraded safety features, interior options such as heated seats, seating material, sound system, and more.
So I guess, at least in 2011 there was a safety package. And it looks like there was the touring package for the earlier models ( this one I know about )

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I had a friend the owed one in I think 07. I road in it a few times but memory fails me in regards to details. One of these days I'm going to take the two hour trip and test drive an 11 but in reality I wont be buying an 11. Its not the kind of car you can just go out and see. They are quite rare. Costs wise I'm thinking 07 or 06 would be spot on but I'm trying to figure out whats in them. Sure whats a power windows else vs a roller window Elise. Though it would still be nice to know. I certianly can not test drive and see all models from 05 to 11.

see now there is another one. "cruise control" I read online ( a review ) that the Elise would not add cruise control because its a car designed to be raced. And I'm pretty sure I read they included it on the 11 model. This is what is annoying, there is no definitive answer out there.

Where do you live?

This is a Lotus forum. Chances are someone on this forum is in your area.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I wanted to start a thread about that as well. I was not sure where to make the thread and want to at least know a bit about these cars from online first. This way I can gather the right info I need. But ah, you asked. I'm in Orlando FL. If anyone would like to give my a tutorial I would be ever so grateful. I'll have the wife make cookies.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I know there are some owners in Orlando.

We have one former Elise, current Evora owner in Orlando and he can show you his car and teach you 'bout tappin' shawties!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well sound good, like to meet a few of you.

actually building that spread sheet helped. Looks like there are some items lotus sell as packages and some items are add ons like air conditioning.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
honestly man, these questions you (and a few others) keep asking...

the thing with Eliges...there are SO many tiny variations and quirks from year to year..and sooooo many quirks with the cars themselves, and sooooo many varying opinions, it's going to be next to impossible to get a centralized thread on any of this. Just take a look through the threads, but most importantly, take a look through the RELIABLE for sale threads and dealers..they will give you by far the best idea of what is available on the market right now. What was available on one particular model year is totally useless if only 20 were sold with it and you can't find it in the US often...

And on another note..I know people (there seems to be an abundance of new owners/new people looking to buy) keep saying "I've tried searching" or "I can't find it in one spot." I have had maybe 2 things in owning my car that I have not been able to find with google. type in what you are looking for, then site:lotustalk.com and if you don't get the results you're looking for, tweak your wording. It's on here somewhere, and 99% of the time, it HAS been asked before.

There are so many redundant and or lazy threads it's beginning to drive me nuts. If you are that interested in buying the car, do some research. Owning the car takes a bit of work, so you should get used to doing some work before you buy...

enough crabby pattying. For the velcro: you will find a lot of velcro and snaps inside the car, but it's not a bad thing. It makes removing things easy, is an easy fastener to replace as needed, is quiet, light, reliable, cheap, and the industrial stuff they used for the most part holds well. Don't sweat it. In general, the further back you go (ie older) the less options/perks there were.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Sorry, I thought you were more familiar with Elises and just kidding about the "power locks/windows/steering along with no cup holder/light dimmer/glove box".
If you want the long and distinguished list of those type of options then simply use the VIN number search and it should take you to the web site that has all of THOSE boxes.
The VIN number is the critical number to figure that kind of stuff out.

rotflrotflrotfl :wallbang:

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Sorry about that last post.

I've had a long few weeks now and am a little tired. I guess I took a little offense at your critique of my genuine effort to help. I must have misunderstood the question.

At least I didn't go into my spiel regarding my disappointment with my notch-back Elise not having the same ability of the hatchback-equipped Exiges with the fold-down rear seats. And how if I had bought an Exige instead, my skis would then fit inside and I could drive it on the snowy roads to go skiing because it handles so well in the snow - especially if you get the AWD option and studded snow tires.

"Also I read somewhere that most of the car is Velcro?"
Now I know why it sticks to the road so well!

Good Luck

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
R4Racin, I dont mean any offense of coursers, I'm just trying to get info here. If you say something I'm going to take it as candor. If you were merely funning with me then its at my expense. Haha on me ;)

And on another note..I know people (there seems to be an abundance of new owners/new people looking to buy) keep saying "I've tried searching" or "I can't find it in one spot." I have had maybe 2 things in owning my car that I have not been able to find with google. type in what you are looking for, then site:lotustalk.com and if you don't get the results you're looking for, tweak your wording. It's on here somewhere, and 99% of the time, it HAS been asked before.
I agree to a point, after all its not like I have not been a regular on a forum before. Trust me I have seen it all. The point that you are over looking is vied from the "newbies" perspective. I will agree its annoying to have people ask a question that has been answered but you can not govern someone you dont know. There will always be a new member and they ultimately will diss regard the rules and common forum etiquette. That being said if the resonance is always "do a search" what do you think people are going to find when doing a search? It becomes a circle leading to nowhere. If you really want to send the message to some one to do a search do not reply. If they dont get an answer, what do you think they will do? It sure the heck is better then polluting the board with "do a search". In my defense the post was to get the info I wanted in one place. Some, not all is scattered all over the place. I think you hit it on the head with, "it's going to be next to impossible to get a centralized thread on any of this". In this case do doing a search would not be the best advice now would it;) In light of the subject, this thread helped me see that and accomplished what it intended to accomplish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts