The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Ordering BOE REV 250 kit ??

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  stekki 
#1 ·
Hi,

i only have a comprehension question !
I ordered a REV 250 kit at BOE on Sunday.
As i put it in the shopping cart i was at once redirected to the paypal payment, which was sent via Credit card. (Deposit of 500 dollar)

After completing the order i did not get a confirmation mail with the status of the order or anything else from BOE. Only a message from paypal that the money has been sent.

Now i wanted to know from people who already ordered their supercharger kit there if this is the normal procedure??

Now it is tuesday evening and still no contact to BOE?

Will i get a message soon? Had contact to phil from BOE before i ordered the kit and he explained everything to me. :up:

Don´t get me wrong, if i just have to wait everything is ok. but if you send your money from germany to the US and don´t get any feedback you beginn to think what could have gone wrong....

Thanks for clarifying......;)

Alex

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
if Phil got the money you are all set. The 250 is a bit long in the tooth (m62), so it would not suprise me if he has to get one/ make one for you. You might try and leave a message on the phone requesting an estimated delivery date. I would not worry - you picked the right company to deal with. Patience is a virtue, but it's tough to be patient when you are expecting an sc for x-mas. :) Phil will want to get the balance of payment due before he ships, he'll let you know.

#3 ·
Dont worry Phil @ BOE will look after you!! they have the best service and support in the business.

#5 ·
In my experience almost all of the major companies related to this car can be delayed in contact. I haven't felt ripped off by any of them, but you REALLY need to allow for additional downtime when sending things out or waiting on things.

This market segment is very limited, maybe only 3 or 400 hundred active customers. So alot of the operations are 1-2 man shows. They can only do so much.

It is frustrating, but once you accept it, its not bad.

#6 ·
Hi,

where do you let the kit install? Any thoughts on import duty etc?
I am from Belgium and will prob order a BOE kit next year.

I looked on their site but cannot find the REV250 kit??

#7 ·
I think it is off their side because they are currently out of stock of the M62 blowers. So they only offer the TVS systems at the moment
Maybe in about six weeks the M62 will be in stock again (hopefully) and also back on their homepage....

#8 ·
Any reason (except money lol) to not go with the 300kit?
Are you doing the install yourself?

#9 ·
Hey guys,

I think I saw your thread about the kit on Seloc.
Have you looked into getting the kit TUEV-approved?
I'd be very interested if you did because I have been playing with the idea of getting a compressor kit myself.
But so far the only ones which seem to be TUEV approved in Germany are the Bemani and the Komo-Tec kits :(

#10 ·
Hi, TUV does not exist in Belgium, so it doesn't count.
Regards

#13 ·
Sure money was one reason for the old fashioned M62 blower, but on the other hand the REV 250 kit uses the same blower as the Exige for example. And so you stay as close the OEM as possible. I want to convince the TÜV guys that this kit is almost the same than the kit in the 240 Exige.
And if you know some guys from there i hope they will accept and register it in the car documents (thats what i hope!!)
Perhaps they register it as an "normal" SC Elise (i know different blower system)

Otherwise as stekki said, the BOE kit is relatively stealthy ;)

The TVS blower are much better, but i have blown my engine last year and the rebuild / replacement cost a lot of money so i´m on a tight budget:sad:

Alex

#15 ·
Alex, why not working with KomoTec if they are TUV approved?
Importing the REV kit will cost extra on duty tax etc

#17 ·
Hi all- Yes, I had to take the M62 option off the site for a bit. Especially during Black Friday. Those blowers are increasingly difficult to order since the production of them is limited given that OEMs no longer use that rotor pack. Frothe M62 stuff, I've debated about just offering the Intercooled upgrade kit (Rev310 Upgrade) for BWR/Katana cars going forward, as those folks would already have the blower... Well, I'll sort that out later :)

As for Stealthy look, we can shave the letters off the manifold and re-coat the manifold if you like. It adds about 2 weeks to delivery time and runs about $300. It would be all but impossible for an inspector to know it's not OEM in that instance. The KF tunes are nearly invisible to inspectors as well.... just say'n :D

Cheers,

Phil

#18 ·
Alex, could you give us a status please? :):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.