The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm now the expecting owner of a 2013 Evora S in mid to late April (from what Lotus quoted). This is my second Lotus and also my second pleasant buying experience from Lamborghini Chicago. Once again Joe Suba and Jim Nuccio were fantastic to deal with (which is more than can be said for some of the ten or so Lotus dealerships that I approached about this order).

They were professional, reasonable, friendly, took the time to address my questions and concerns and communicated promptly with me. I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

Sigh......mid to late April. :( This is going to be the longest damn winter of my life.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Great to hear! Joe and Jimmy are great guys. Hopefully the new owners keep the same mojo that so many of us have dealt with.

Keep in mind that you also have TJ and Todd (Moto44) who know these cars inside and out and are very very very active Lotus enthusiasts.

What color?

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to hear! Joe and Jimmy are great guys. Hopefully the new owners keep the same mojo that so many of us have dealt with.

Keep in mind that you also have TJ and Todd (Moto44) who know these cars inside and out and are very very very active Lotus enthusiasts.

What color?
Yup, had the pleasure of meeting both of them, but I will not be getting her serviced there as I live in PA. I'm simply buying through/from them.

What color? Oh boy, I KNEW that would be the first question I'd get. Let's just say that it's a suprise and I think most will be VERY suprised to say the least. Don't go asking those boys either. Hopefully they can keep their traps tight on it. I'll give you a hint.......it's not white, or black for that matter. ;)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Good. So you obviously saw all the other Evora inventory right? As much as I love the Carbon Grey with paprika interior, I LOVED the Persian Blue with the biscuit.

And I wouldn't say meeting TJ would be a 'pleasure'? :) I'm giving him sh*t cuz I know he'll prolly read this thread!

Would have been cool if you were up here pulling the strings last weekend - you could have joined us on the big spirited drive. I'm sure Jimmy and Todd would have loaned you that Persian Blue to bang around on the country roads! :)

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good. So you obviously saw all the other Evora inventory right? As much as I love the Carbon Grey with paprika interior, I LOVED the Persian Blue with the biscuit.

And I wouldn't say meeting TJ would be a 'pleasure'? :) I'm giving him sh*t cuz I know he'll prolly read this thread!

Would have been cool if you were up here pulling the strings last weekend - you could have joined us on the big spirited drive. I'm sure Jimmy and Todd would have loaned you that Persian Blue to bang around on the country roads! :)
I did see the whole inventory and you're correct.....the Persian Blue is gorgeous! I had to order though as I simply "want what I want" when it comes to my car. Trust me, I'll be paying the price for that.....literally.

Todd did mention the spirited drive and how it was too bad I couldn't attend it. As far as Jim lending me the Persian Blue one to go carve up the twisties with? I'm not so sure about that. Besides, I probably would have been the one that the Robed Stick Man would have actually gone ahead and used his light saber on as I don't do well when it comes to "stupid".

As for meeting TJ and it being a "pleasure"? Yeah, I know he reads the forum so I kinda had to say that rotfl

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Two thumbs up for the persian Blue. If ordering from scratch, i'd have done tan or biquit, but the black has served me well so far.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two thumbs up for the persian Blue. If ordering from scratch, i'd have done tan or biquit, but the black has served me well so far.
PB has a deep richness to it, but isn't it a bitch to keep clean?

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
congrats man! Cant wait for pictures :D
Thanks man. If you can't wait for the pix, think about how I feel having to wait for the car! Hopefully there's no hiccups in Hethel between now and then and it truly doesn't take longer than the 5.5/6 months they quoted me. Fingers and toes crossed.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
705 Posts
I definitely know the feeling lol started talking to the guy that I bought my car from in May and didn't get it until August. I also ordered my last car, a 2011 Mustang GT. Ordered on 9/11 and delivered exactly 2 months later 11/11. Those two months seem like nothing though compared to waiting for the Exige :D

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Gee....thanks a lot guys. I feel the love..... :D

Enjoy the wait GC. Just remember who is doing the PDI when she comes in....might pay to be nice to that guy....... just sayin....hahaha.

T.J.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gee....thanks a lot guys. I feel the love..... :D

Enjoy the wait GC. Just remember who is doing the PDI when she comes in....might pay to be nice to that guy....... just sayin....hahaha.

T.J.
Lol. Just a bit of good natured ribbing T.J. You know........... -poke-

·
Registered
668 Posts
Oh... I was just in there . And saw the Persian blue... and I know which color he got. ! Hahaha... should I say? All I know is that, I am disappointed . I thought once u go CO u never go back... :(

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh... I was just in there . And saw the Persian blue... and I know which color he got. ! Hahaha... should I say? All I know is that, I am disappointed . I thought once u go CO u never go back... :(
If you tell anyone, I will personally drive or fly to WI and find the psycho Robed Man. Then I will find where you live and let him know as well so that he may unleash the fury of his light saber (or whatever the fook he was wielding) on your Chrome Orange goodness. :DV:

Now that we know it's not CO.............

It was definitely a close second as a Lotus in CO looks......well, er..... HOT to put it mildly, but I'm sure you can understand why I went with the color that I chose.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've been pondering about whether to buy an Evora that the local dealer has in stock or to order one with the exact color/options that I want but have been hesitant fearing that the Lotus factory might not have parts stocked (due to the news saying their suppliers have quit or still owed money) and also fearing that factory worker morale might affect the build quality in a bad way...

I'm curious at to what your thoughts are, GuppyCaptain.

I'm still on the wall whether to get the red Evora that's at the dealer but there isn't any discount and it doesn't have stuff that I would like, such as slotted brakes, full leather, parking sensors.... but would, if it were cheaper... lol The only thing holding me back from ordering one from factory is the fears that I mentioned above....

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been pondering about whether to buy an Evora that the local dealer has in stock or to order one with the exact color/options that I want but have been hesitant fearing that the Lotus factory might not have parts stocked (due to the news saying their suppliers have quit or still owed money) and also fearing that factory worker morale might affect the build quality in a bad way...

I'm curious at to what your thoughts are, GuppyCaptain.

I'm still on the wall whether to get the red Evora that's at the dealer but there isn't any discount and it doesn't have stuff that I would like, such as slotted brakes, full leather, parking sensors.... but would, if it were cheaper... lol The only thing holding me back from ordering one from factory is the fears that I mentioned above....
Oh trust me, I have the same fears. They tell me 5.5/6 months but you've got to wonder if that time estimate was just pulled out of Hethel's proverbial arse? Considering the parts supply problem they're having, I wouldn't be surprised if it took 9 months to a year (which would cause me to miss next year's driving season).

I'll also be nervous about the car never getting built, however Lotus partnering with another manufacturer is a positive sign. I don't really have any words of wisdom to tell you my friend. I've had a good experience with the dealer that I ordered from, but they have no control over what happens in Hethel. Basically I'm taking a gamble and you've got to ask yourself if the wait, added cost of ordering, and chance of your car never getting built is worth it to you. The probable lack of moral amongst the workers and how that would affect build quality is certainly another concern (hopefully unfounded).

I'm sorry that I don't have anything enlightening or reassuring to say to you, but this is my first go around with ordering a Lotus, too. Why don't you PM " lotus69f2 "? He just received his special ordered MY13 Evora S and it took six and a half months. If you decide to order make your dealer commit to giving you a full refund should the car never get built (obviously). Keep us posted on what you decided to do.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh trust me, I have the same fears. They tell me 5.5/6 months but you've got to wonder if that time estimate was just pulled out of Hethel's proverbial arse? Considering the parts supply problem they're having, I wouldn't be surprised if it took 9 months to a year (which would cause me to miss next year's driving season).

I'll also be nervous about the car never getting built, however Lotus partnering with another manufacturer is a positive sign. I don't really have any words of wisdom to tell you my friend. I've had a good experience with the dealer that I ordered from, but they have no control over what happens in Hethel. Basically I'm taking a gamble and you've got to ask yourself if the wait, added cost of ordering, and chance of your car never getting built is worth it to you. The probable lack of moral amongst the workers and how that would affect build quality is certainly another concern (hopefully unfounded).

I'm sorry that I don't have anything enlightening or reassuring to say to you, but this is my first go around with ordering a Lotus, too. Why don't you PM " lotus69f2 "? He just received his special ordered MY13 Evora S and it took six and a half months. If you decide to order make your dealer commit to giving you a full refund should the car never get built (obviously). Keep us posted on what you decided to do.
I agree it's a bit of a gamble, not of money but more of time since you can always get the money back from the dealer. But the only thing that is making me stop from getting the Ardent Red sitting in the showroom is because I really want it Chrome Orange and the fact that it's not all leather--the sills and lower door panels are cloth. Also doesn't have parking sensors, tech package and even no sport package. I figured that I could always add in a Pioneer and get a backup camera so that solves the lack of a tech package. Lack of sports package means the brake discs are not slotted, and no rear diffuser.

So I've been contemplating whether to just forget the full leather and get this one, add the Pioneer&backup cam, 19/20 rims, and rear diffuser.... The best reason I can come up with is that (1) I could be driving one within a week, and (2) wouldn't cost more money cuz selling my BMW F10 would pay for it and mods.... Just the color and cloth panels bother me a bit.... lol

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It sounds like you're kind of sacrificing a lot on your list of "wants". Listen to the mini you on your left shoulder and not the one on your right shoulder. You know, the one that's saying, "Order one, do it, go ahead, order exactly what you want, do it, DO IT!".

:evil:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts