The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well its been a long venture but On Rails Engineering is finally ready to start taking orders. It will be 4-6 weeks to make and get it shipped. They are hand made not vac assisted like the Lotus ones. These clams are lighter and stronger than the factory ones. It will still have the seam, after much discussion we wanted to keep it looking stock as possible.

We will be offering Elise front and rear clams. These are made to factory spec with the headlight buckets for both versions of the headlights. We can also offer the Euro spec version with out the side markers as well.

If you have had an accident with the elise please get in touch with me. We can get everything setup for you to present to your insurance company.

These clams are not some cheap chinese knock off. They are manufactured in the same country as the car itself:UK:

US spec version - Please contact for pricing
Euro spec version - Please contact for pricing

Any questions please let me know
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I just heard a collective sign of relief on this forum.

Well done.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Incredible news, hopefully you can have exige clams available soon too.

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Incredible news, hopefully you can have exige clams available soon too.
We will have exige front and rears ready to go very soon the 2010 exige front is already ready. if people need them let me know asap

we will also have 05-06 elise to exige conversion where they can fit their 05-06 headlights and not having to spend absurd amounts of money upgrading them.

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The company in the UK that sells them is selling for a lower price but we have an exclusive agreement with them to sell in North America. Unfortunately they will not sell to the public. If you contact them, you will be referred to our site. We have been working with them for a while now getting this all set up. They are able to sell it at that price because of low over head and the market there is kinda saturated.

With that said shipping is no joke for us, calculate our over head. We arent make a lot of money on these.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Thank you! Hopefully I'll never have to buy one from you :p

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I just heard a collective sign of relief on this forum.

Well done.
One was from me! I hope I never have to order these, but great to know good ones are available!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am taking my car into the body shop this week. I'll give them your contact info if they can't get a quick turnaround on an OE unit. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Great to hear!!! Any timeframe on rear clams?

They are hand made not vac assisted like the Lotus ones. These clams are lighter and stronger than the factory ones.
Can you elaborate on the production method? The Exige clams are hand made and stronger than the Elise clams... but they are heavier. How have you achieved low weight with (relatively) high strength?

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great to hear!!! Any timeframe on rear clams?

Can you elaborate on the production method? The Exige clams are hand made and stronger than the Elise clams... but they are heavier. How have you achieved low weight with (relatively) high strength?
Working on rears...we should be having a batch made in the next few weeks.

Our clams weighs in at 26lbs and the stock one is around 30lbs. Its not a drastic loss but its a loss non the less. Since the oem ones are vac assisted, in mass production scale the clams end up being heavier and weaker. That method however is great for whipping out a bunch at a time.

Now we will in the future be offering a Race spec clam with head light buckets and that will weigh in around 15lbs. That will weigh less because the fiberglass will be thinner and have no inner bracing.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts