The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new, never installed. Looks very similar to the OEM single cup holder that was a rare option from the factory.

OK I know what you're thinking, a cup holder in a Lotus? You're fucking insane, those are TRACK cars. They're go karts. Do go karts have cup holders? Hell no!

But for those of you who actually DRIVE your Lotus more than just to cars & coffee...having a cup holder is critical! Nice to have for road trips, drives to/from the track, or holding your coffee on the way to work.

Sure, the stiff suspension in a Lotus means you better only put something with a sealed lid in your cup holder...but who cares if it spills. The floor is aluminum, just wipe it up.

You can find details on the ORE site, these are pretty rare and they usually don't have them in stock so selling at the same price as their website. (Last time they did a production run, I bought 2 and use one in my Elise.) I don't know if ORE actually has these in stock at the moment.

Yes, $225 sounds insane for a cup holder....but it's worth it. http://www.onrailsengineering.com/lotus/cupholder

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi San - not a helpful comment on my forsale post, especially from a moderator.

I have one of these cup holders in my Elise already and it's great. I bought 2 the last time they did a production run because they're so nice and I thought I'd put one in my Exige as well. I'm in the process of parting ways with the Exige though so this is up for sale.

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
6,651 Posts
Hi San - not a helpful comment on my forsale post, especially from a moderator.

I have one of these cup holders in my Elise already and it's great. I bought 2 the last time they did a production run because they're so nice and I thought I'd put one in my Exige as well. I'm in the process of parting ways with the Exige though so this is up for sale.
You're right, it wasn't productive to your thread. Please accept my apology. The forum member oldmansan sometimes is cranky, especially after a truck runs him over, but that isn't an excuse for my behavior. I PM'd you the details concerning ORE. GLWS.

San

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No worries, I get it that ORE wasn't well loved on the forum for various business practices, but I have to say that this cupholder is built like a piece of art. And it's not vaporware, I have it ready to ship.

The aluminum it's made of completely matches the rest of the Lotus OEM interior.

I've included a pic from the ORE site. The cup holder slides in and out so that you can tuck it away when it's not in use. Super well designed, doesn't rattle or make any noise (unless you put a metal cup in it.) I use it with a 16 oz coffee tumbler on the way to work and it's great.

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
6,651 Posts
No worries, I get it that ORE wasn't well loved on the forum for various business practices, but I have to say that this cupholder is built like a piece of art. And it's not vaporware, I have it ready to ship.

The aluminum it's made of completely matches the rest of the Lotus OEM interior.

I've included a pic from the ORE site. The cup holder slides in and out so that you can tuck it away when it's not in use. Super well designed, doesn't rattle or make any noise (unless you put a metal cup in it.) I use it with a 16 oz coffee tumbler on the way to work and it's great.
I can't remember anyone saying anything negative about that particular product. My comment wasn't about that product, but rather ORE. Again, I apologize for my comment and appreciate your understanding. GLWS.

San

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump, still available. This is the best cup holder for an Elise/Exige and looks completely stock. Mounted on a sliding aluminum piece so that it tucks away under the dash when not in use.

Treat yourself to an early holiday and help me clear some space out of my lotus parts closet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts