The Lotus Cars Community banner

What did you do with your original exhaust?

• Tossed it out.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • It's still in my garage or basement.

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Put it to some other use (e.g. boat anchor, paperweight, bolted it to my desk at work)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Found some sucker to buy it.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Sold it to a guy whose wife said to quiet down that damn car or he wasn't getting any.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I kicked my OEM exhaust for about the 32nd time on the floor of the garage, and thought it might be time to just throw it out. I've seen a couple on ebay, and in a pile in the corner of the shop at HRM. So what's everyone doing with them?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Gave it away to another forum member (who was actually willing to pay for it, but I said it was free)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I keep everything. My wife calls me a pack rat. Who knew?

Steve

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I might have to get rid of my Larini and go back to stock when I move back to Germany.
I don't think I can get the Larini certified over there :(
So it's sitting in the garage collecting dust until that day comes...

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
left it at the dealer...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Someone needs to find another application for these mufflers. Something like a civic or other model popular with the older import tuner crowds.

Find a decent swap, throw some questionable dyno gains (27HP gain!) out there on the Internet and then watch as people come flooding on to Elise talk to buy mufflers and then slap "exhaust by Lotus" stickers on their cars.

$500 will buy a set of rear tires. I say we start the bidding there. SweetDaddy could even make the stickers!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someone needs to find another application for these mufflers. Something like a civic or other model popular with the older import tuner crowds.

Find a decent swap, throw some questionable dyno gains (27HP gain!) out there on the Internet and then watch as people come flooding on to Elise talk to buy mufflers and then slap "exhaust by Lotus" stickers on their cars.

$500 will buy a set of rear tires. I say we start the bidding there. SweetDaddy could even make the stickers!
Great idea. It worked for Isuzu in the early '90s!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I kept mine to add to my wall of misfit, unwanted and/or replaced Elise parts, kind of like my first front clam.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Mine is brand new in an unopened Lotus box, as the PO bought a stage II from the dealer when the car was new. He then asked where his stock exhaust was. I'm sure they tossed it, so that sent him a new one in the box. When I bought the car, he put it on the transport that brought my car here, along with the OEM rear view mirror, unused front license plate holder, and other useless Lotus parts. Bonus!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sold it to a guy whose wife said to quiet down that damn car or he wasn't getting any.
I just saw this poll response answer and had to chuckle. My wife spent the highway portion of a North Georgia mountain drive holding her fingers in her ears. I thought about changing it back to stock....NOT!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts