The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Where I would love to own this watch, I know I will have to pass as I don't think I will even come close to what others are willing to pay for this watch.

Good luck on the sale. :D

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Please post bids here - id love it but have no idea what to bid, $100 or $10,000

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
$225

·
Registered
36 Posts
Broken strap lotus watch

Greetings I have one of these with a broken strap does anyone have a spare one or know where I can get one thank you

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Greetings I have one of these with a broken strap does anyone have a spare one or know where I can get one thank you
I had th same problem. call John Wilson in Englnad # 011-44-116-257-3569.
I bought two new straps and some other parts from him about 6 months ago.
He was great to work with, and I received the parts quickly.
Ron:UK:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ron hi thank you for the info. Do you by chance have a e-mail for him. Thanx
No I don't, I never asked him for his e-mail. I delt with him by phone only. Lotus gave me his info, as the only source for there watch parts.
Ron

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
FYI for those who have jokingly or seriously made bid visible on this thread.

THe history on these watches is very interesting.

THey were a part of Lotus Design's effort to make themselves better known and as the name suggests they were intended to be the first of a line of watches.

The original selling price was perceived to be steep and they did not sell well. Then Lotus started discounting them and quite heavily and they abruptly sold out before many Lotus enthusiasts including myself could get their hands on them.

Now on the collectors market they are bought up quite rapidly. I bought mine off this forum and responded to the post with 5 minutes and barely beat out the second responder by literally a few seconds. My purchase was a stated price purchase and was in line with the then current market. Now a year later the market price is another $100 higher!

Those who put in bids of $200-300 are way off the mark.

Market value of these watches has now reached $400-500 depending on condition.

So if you seriously want one then next time one comes on the market make a solid and rapid offer if you expect to get it.

THe seller was quite savvy IMO in his "sealed bid" approach and sold the piece within market value. (I will not divulge the final sales price of this example but I advised the buyer on his bid and he won)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts