The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another very nice one-owner Exige sold on BaT, about 27% more than what I sold my 2008 S240 ten years ago with similar mileage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
$50,662.50 after paying fees to BAT, plus local registration dues.

The owner originally listed the car on SF Bay Craigslist for $55k, it was up for a little over 24 hours, then it disappeared. The next day it was on BAT. Someone must have directed him to the site. Seller did pretty well for an '07, the single owner history, tasteful modifications, plus original parts made the bidders come up on this one. $50k is '08 S240 coin IMO

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
$50,662.50 after paying fees to BAT, plus local registration dues.

The owner originally listed the car on SF Bay Craigslist for $55k, it was up for a little over 24 hours, then it disappeared. The next day it was on BAT. Someone must have directed him to the site. Seller did pretty well for an '07, the single owner history, tasteful modifications, plus original parts made the bidders come up on this one. $50k is '08 S240 coin IMO
$50K doesn't buy an 08 S240 around here (SoCal). Last one I saw (personally) sold for closer to $60K.

San

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been watching the market here in NorCal, BAT, and this site for the last 5 months, high $48-$55 for a S240.

Heck this car sold 2x in the same month for less than $50k

I bought mine in the beginning of May for lower end of this range with 28k miles, with nitron 4 ways, os giken lsd, etc

If you're paying +$60k for a S240, it better have fewer than 5k miles, or you're paying too much. That's S260 territory, these days

·
7,594 Posts
People that are affected by this whole pandemic/depression are accepting a lot less for their toys lately. I personally wouldn't sell anything (at a loss right now) because I don't need to. I'm confident the prices will bounce back. I said closer to $60K, not $60K+. Apart from the S260 Cup, the only difference between the 240 and 260 is the throttle body opening. A tune will take care of that (and more).

What's a Nitron 4-way?

San

Reactions: mim3

·
Registered
34 Posts
Agreed, buying season is now. Might get better for buyers in the coming months as well.

WTH is a nitron 4 way?! Lol! Car came with nitron 3 way adjustable coils

·
Registered
78 Posts
Was watching that one, def. seemed high for a S. S240s seem to run low 50s. 60 is def S260 territory.
Doesn't matter if it's a minor difference, the price difference will reflect in the difference between the models.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
People that are affected by this whole pandemic/depression are accepting a lot less for their toys lately. I personally wouldn't sell anything (at a loss right now) because I don't need to. I'm confident the prices will bounce back. I said closer to $60K, not $60K+. Apart from the S260 Cup, the only difference between the 240 and 260 is the throttle body opening. A tune will take care of that (and more).

What's a Nitron 4-way?

San
Which tune does this?

·
7,594 Posts
Which tune does this?
BOE or Blade 300. I have the Blade 300. It consists of a bigger IC (RLS when I bought it), bigger injectors, smaller pulley (and tool), I believe a new SC belt and the tune itself.

BOE offers more flexibility IMHO as you can tune for a header and/or other items where the Blade 300 is more of a "fixed" kit and the tune is calculated for that kit.

San

·
Registered
80 Posts
2-way adjustable shocks are most often Compression/rebound.
3-way usually adds a high speed blowoff valve compression adjustment; the idea being that high speed bump is going to be inside wheel on the red/white berm. The blowoff allows hitting that curb to push the wheel up faster which reduces upsetting the car and allows driver to cut the corners.
4-way is high speed compression and rebound adjustment

1 - 13 of 13 Posts