The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering something:

Has anyone ever been hooked up with employment through one of these forums?

I am a 33 year old criminal defense attorney in Maryland, but I can't stand it. I totally want to get out of Baltimore and get out of the criminal defense business. I want to move west to someplace like Utah, Nevada, Colorado, California, Arizona, etc. I see that a lot of you guys live out there. As an attorney, I can't just up and leave town because I am not licensed to practice law in other States (Just MD & DC).

I am wondering if anyone is in a position to hire a smart car enthusiast? I have contemplated getting a job in the finance department at a car dealership because I am pretty good with stuff like that. I figure that with job experience in auto finance, it would be very easy to relocate. But I don't want to give up my law career to just work for XYZ Buick in Maryland.

Anyone have any ideas of contacts?

FYI -- My fiance is a nurse and she can get a job anywhere! She also wants to move west (her family is in Arizona). I just can't move until I have assured income of some sort.

Thanks for any suggestions. I'll be heading out west again in mid-February ... for a visit. I'll bring resumes with me!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Doesn't hurt to try! You never know who's lurking on these boards.

Sorry though, I'm moving this thread to 'Other'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
move

My wife and I moved from Great Barrington,MA., to Prescott,AZ. a year ago with similiar concerns as you mentioned.All I can tell you is "Just do it".When you want something bad enough, you find a way to make it work.I am older then you, and after moving here wish I did it years ago.The growth of population in this area of AZ. makes it a lot easier to find work,with weather conditions far superior to the East coast and roads designed by somebody who must love driving sports cars. Feel free to contact me when you visit . ART

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Well, glad I'm not the only one. In May I'll be a former Naval Officer. Anyone need someone with management/leadership experience? Preferably someone with an automotive related business...? ;)

Cade

PS... if needed, I'm willing to get shot at. (if the pay's good)

·
Registered
296 Posts
MotorCade said:
an automotive related business...? ;)

willing to get shot at. (if the pay's good)

Well that narrows it down to a taxi driver or a cop, if you don't necessarily have to drive the cars you could run a drive thru liquor store.:D

Merry Christmas and glad to help you put that government training to use.:p

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You missed the part about the good pay! ;)

Actually, I've considered the cop thing, and may go with it if all else fails, but there are a number of options higher on my list.

I definitely gotta get off the east coast, though. My heart is in the west. I'm hoping for somewhere in the rockies, preferably northern rockies, but I'm flexible, so we'll see. I'll keep ya'll posted on what I find!

Cade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts