The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of you have probably seen the light silver color but here are a two other variations in grey.

What do you think of the lighter color that has a little bit of a goldish hue to it in the first 2 photos?

The last picture is another shade of grey that looks to be identical to the color of my BMW.

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
I lioke the black and the red one more than that color for that car

·
Registered
592 Posts
No matter what color it is, the GTR is an ugly car. No paint job can hide that. If I had to buy one, I would go with the color that masked it's lines the best. Probably black.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The factory color palette is not very strong. Surprisingly I like the white best because of the contrast with the dark gray trim and wheels. At least it looks like the aftermarket has discovered Chrome Orange for this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After seeing the car in person, I REALLY like the way it looks. :drool:

Regardless, 0-60 in 3.3 seconds more than makes up for the fact that some people might not get it when it comes to the appearance of the car.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Regardless, 0-60 in 3.3 seconds more than makes up for the fact that some people might not get it when it comes to the appearance of the car.

Can't really use the kind of performance this car has anyway so I'd much rather have a car that has looks that turn me on, even if it is a bit slower :shrug:

I don't hate the looks of it though, actually like it from certain angles, but overall it doesn't turn me on. besides the fact that it is too big (but it is a GT car not a sportscar so...) I don't like how they did the front fenders, I think they break up the lines of the car, it might be nicer if it looked more like this :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
It's a 350Z front end and a Mustang rear end!

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's a 350Z front end and a Mustang rear end!
Close, when I first saw it a few months ago I instantly thought Mustang with Chinese body kit, which I think is still pretty accurate, but I will admit the more I see it the less harsh I feel about it...okay, I'll stop picking on this one for now.

Jim

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Can't really use the kind of performance this car has anyway so I'd much rather have a car that has looks that turn me on, even if it is a bit slower :shrug:

I don't hate the looks of it though, actually like it from certain angles, but overall it doesn't turn me on. besides the fact that it is too big (but it is a GT car not a sportscar so...) I don't like how they did the front fenders, I think they break up the lines of the car, it might be nicer if it looked more like this :cool:

The fenders were the only part of the car I liked. rotfl

I think it's pretty ugly. Honestly, without it's launch control gizmo to take the skill out of launching the car, it's just another big heavy car with 400 horsepower. I really don't get it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Color options

It is going to be available in 6 exterior colors: Black Obsidian, Gun Metallic, Ivory Pearl, Titanium, Solid Red and Super Silver.

The interior is either Black Leather or (Light) Gray leather.

Wish they would have Arancio Borealis. I'm getting Ivory Pearl.

·
Registered
485 Posts
more and more this car is growing on me. even though i think it might be the more common color i like the color of the 2nd car.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok. I've signed the dotted line so now I don't mind talking about it. :) My order is in for this ugly ass car, and I did order it in titanium. A combination of knowing the right person and a little luck put me in it at MSRP. I should get it sometime in June. Yes. It is larger and heavier than my Lotus, but it is supposed to have amazing handling and torque and I seriously doubt that I will even be remotely dissappointed based upon the reviews I've read. This car will be replacing my 550i by the way -- not my Lotus. :clap:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ok. I've signed the dotted line so now I don't mind talking about it. :) My order is in for this ugly ass car, and I did order it in titanium. A combination of knowing the right person and a little luck put me in it at MSRP. I should get it sometime in June. Yes. It is larger and heavier than my Lotus, but it is supposed to have amazing handling and torque and I seriously doubt that I will even be remotely dissappointed based upon the reviews I've read. This car will be replacing my 550i by the way -- not my Lotus. :clap:

congrats! i'm sure you'll enjoy it. did you go with the standard rims or the darker color? when the time comes lets us know how you like her.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got the darker rims because I thought they would look better with the exterior color I ordered. Plus, the lighter rims come with what they refer to as their winter package, which includes all season tires and I wasn't up for that.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you get the car. That's great that you were able to get in at MSRP. Which trim did you go with?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts