The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
I think we all know what happens when there鈥檚 personal insults on here ;) @Catsailr27

I don鈥檛 believe I said anywhere that car is logical, or illogical - simply sticking up for the OP against the wave of negativity, which seems to be displayed by certain members 24/7. Maybe if we all chilled out a bit and actually drove our cars instead of trying to have the highest post count per day, things might be a bit better 馃憤
Go cry to @Catsailr27 its obvious what you鈥檙e trying to do and get me banned.... You do it in every single post, so you must have a crush on me, or are just 100% completely jealous? Either way I鈥檓 flattered.

Registered
Definitely not jealous given your current situations, and not trying to get you banned. Just don鈥檛 appreciate some of the posts you make. Feel free to put me on ignore 馃憤

In the meantime, I, and others, will continue to support creating a positive atmosphere - we don鈥檛 need any more negativity in the world.

Registered
Definitely not jealous given your current situations, and not trying to get you banned. Just don鈥檛 appreciate some of the posts you make. Feel free to put me on ignore 馃憤

In the meantime, I, and others, will continue to support creating a positive atmosphere - we don鈥檛 need any more negativity in the world.
Current situation? Lol if you think rebuilding a motor is a 鈥渟ituation鈥 youve must of had 1) a pretty easy life where you pay everyone to do everything for you 2) not spent much time around the track world, or 3) just have no fundamental understanding that machines break.... whatever the case may be, I鈥檓 excited I get the opportunity to correct the prior owners mistakes, the incompetence of other shops mistakes, and learn more then I ever knew about rebuilding an engine the correct way. Rebuilding a motor is common practice on high rev engines, and this one wasn鈥檛 babied and has 14,000+ Hard track miles on it. It was time for it to die an elegant death. I don鈥檛 share the rainbows and gumdrops mentality you do. I live in the real world. Not a fantasy.

Registered
Having to rebuild a motor that revs to 8250 is not common practice - see the thousands of B series motors that rev to 8700 - 9000 RPM.

Yes, I鈥檇 rather be an optimist and than a pessimist - it takes more muscle to frown than to smile. Just chill, there鈥檚 more to life than putting others down 馃憤

Registered
Having to rebuild a motor that revs to 8250 is not common practice - see the thousands of B series motors that rev to 8700 - 9000 RPM.

Yes, I鈥檇 rather be an optimist and than a pessimist - it takes more muscle to frown than to smile. Just chill, there鈥檚 more to life than putting others down 馃憤
Look in the mirror....

Premium Member
2006 Exige
I think we all know what happens when there鈥檚 personal insults on here ;) @Catsailr27

I don鈥檛 believe I said anywhere that car is logical, or illogical - simply sticking up for the OP against the wave of negativity, which seems to be displayed by certain members 24/7. Maybe if we all chilled out a bit and actually drove our cars instead of trying to have the highest post count per day, things might be a bit better 馃憤
I don鈥檛 think we were being negative just practical.
Those high hp Honda engine blocks are filled solid for strength so can only run for short bursts.It would be seriously dangerous as I pointed out early on.
Discussing things that are impossible and dangerous does not help anyone on this forum.
I think the main point of this forum is to share accurate information and to help if we can.
That is why I call out anyone who posts bad information.
I don鈥檛 recall insulting anyone.A dumb and dangerous idea that gets posted can and will be called out.A little sarcasm and humor makes it more palatable for some of us.

Reactions: GDBB

Registered
I don鈥檛 think we were being negative just practical.
Those high hp Honda engine blocks are filled solid for strength so can only run for short bursts.It would be seriously dangerous as I pointed out early on.
Discussing things that are impossible and dangerous does not help anyone on this forum.
I think the main point of this forum is to share accurate information and to help if we can.
That is why I call out anyone who posts bad information.
I don鈥檛 recall insulting anyone.A dumb and dangerous idea that gets posted can and will be called out.A little sarcasm and humor makes it more palatable for some of us.
This^ along with the 2zz is common to be rebuilt. Especially track focused cars who have had a hard life at the limit, to include the occasional mis shift and or sustained RPM that the track environment provides. It鈥檚 impossible to over rev a 2zz with throttle alone, but a sustained life of 8000+ rpm will cause a standard 2zzs life to be up a lot quicker. It鈥檚 pure logic, not myth.

Registered
This^ along with the 2zz is common to be rebuilt. Especially track focused cars who have had a hard life at the limit, to include the occasional mis shift and or sustained RPM that the track environment provides. It鈥檚 impossible to over rev a 2zz with throttle alone, but a sustained life of 8000+ rpm will cause a standard 2zzs life to be up a lot quicker. It鈥檚 pure logic, not myth.
The 2ZZ is common to be rebuilt? Since when?

So we have members claiming you can go 50k miles without an oil change despite track use, yet others claiming it鈥檚 common to have to rebuild the 2ZZ with track use.

lol

Premium Member
2006 Exige
The 2ZZ is common to be rebuilt? Since when?

So we have members claiming you can go 50k miles without an oil change despite track use, yet others claiming it鈥檚 common to have to rebuild the 2ZZ with track use.

lol
I think it鈥檚 time for you to take a break.If I was the moderator I would give you one.
You keep making statements that make no sense.
50k mi. Plus track time between oil changes?
I can鈥檛 close this thread but let鈥檚 stop here.ENOUGH!

Reactions: GDBB

Registered
Exactly. I鈥檓 not the one who made that claim. Take a second and reread what I posted.

I haven't made any personal insults, yet both of you have. As soon as I questioned your posts and motives, you were both quick to react in a personal way.

You have both violated the rules here, now it鈥檚 whether the mods are willing to act鈥

Registered
06 Lotus Exige
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
as the OP I'll say this got way off topic from beautiful cars being destroyed by government to make a point.

I personally dont see the conversation as constructive and ask that Everyone stops adding to it.

Administrator
Agreed!

Reactions: hvymtlmcn
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.