The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sean has just taken delivery of his new Lotus Elise. He is excited to say the least. I will have some pics of sean and his car in the morning, I'm sure he will have some for you before the morning. Our other two are being delivered Saturday. Thanx to all for your patience. Our demo will be ready for test drives around 12noon for deposit holders only. I expect the car will be available for the serious to demo by next Monday. All demos are by appointment only. If possible please e-mail [email protected] for avail times.

Thanx,
Tim

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
TIMAURO said:
I expect the car will be available for the serious to demo by next Monday. All demos are by appointment only. If possible please e-mail [email protected] for avail times.

Thanx,
Tim
do you mean serious but non-deposit holders? and do you mean Monday the 9th, or Monday the 16th?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tim:

I don't even have a deposit with or ability to work with you, but thanks for the positive and excellent update for your customers. You sound entirely professional - other dealerships should be similar (my current one is, by the way, but the former is still stiffing everyone).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Awww... I just got home and hoped that I could see those pics we took in front of the dealership ;) [EDIT- they didn't come out, see one of my pics in a posting down the page]

Let's see, so far I've gotten 2 "How do you like it so far?" from people walking by on the street, to which I reply, "So far, so good- I've only had it for an hour!"

Some stupid kids just asked me if it's a Porsche. And I heard some other kids (read- I'm driving through Georgetown) say, "Woah! What is THAT? A Ferrari!"

And one guy and his girlfriend were walking to their car while I was trying to put the top on in the dark and asked where I got it. The guy was British and said, "I am from Norfolk, where they make these! But I've never seen one here!" I informed him that this is the first in this area and that I thought that they were built in Hethel now (no?). I do remember my M100 Elan having a Norfolk build sticker...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Re: Re: our first delivery

atyclb said:
do you mean serious but non-deposit holders? and do you mean Monday the 9th, or Monday the 16th?
aty... with the size of Criswells DEPOSIT list, if every holder took a 30 minute test drive (including fat chewing) and the car was utilized 5 hours a day it'd take 'em a month just to deal with their list!

That's serious... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
687 Posts
m100 Sean said:
And one guy and his girlfriend were walking to their car while I was trying to put the top on in the dark and asked where I got it. The guy was British and said, "I am from Norfolk, where they make these! But I've never seen one here!" I informed him that this is the first in this area and that I thought that they were built in Hethel now (no?). I do remember my M100 Elan having a Norfolk build sticker...
Hethel is in Norfolk. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hethel is in Norfolk.

Funny, I must have mispronounced "Hethel", because he seemed to never have heard of it!

Is it "Hethel" like "Heather" or is it "HEE-thel" or even "'Ethel"?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hey! My Elise was mistaken for a Toyota MR2 today!

I purchased an Elise 2 days ago and was putting some quick break in miles on it yesterday. I stopped along the Ocoee river to take a break. When I came out of the rest rooms there were some people standing around the car. One guy says, "Is that a supped up MR2?" As I pointed at the back of the car someone else in the group says, "It's a Lotus Elise, dumbarse!" It seems odd that so many people have no clue as to the cars origins!

·
Registered
488 Posts
what are you thinking?

Sean,

I live in the same general region as you. It's a beautiful, cool summer morning...

I think I speak for EVERYONE on this board when I ask...

"What the heck are you doing 'driving' your computer when you could be out there on the road with your new car?"

Push away from the computer, proceed to your garage, and hit the road!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ha haaaaaa! You should hear the $hit I'm getting, being up so early on a weekend! We're slowly moving towards the car... probably going to go to a Silver Diner in VA for breakfast soon :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
m100 Sean said:
Hethel is in Norfolk.

Funny, I must have mispronounced "Hethel", because he seemed to never have heard of it!

Is it "Hethel" like "Heather" or is it "HEE-thel" or even "'Ethel"?
The "e" noises in "Hethel" are both pronounced like the "e" noises in "Heather".

Hethel is a really small place... most people won't have heard of it unless they are really local to it. Checking on the web, Norfolk is 373 square miles and has a population of about 800,000.

Craigy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
demo rides

atyclb

I am shooting for Monday the 16th to open it up for every one.
I will keep you all posted

Thanx,
Tim

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
hey, sean great photo. it may be one of the best ST pix i have seen in terms of presenting the paint as it looks in the sun

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
:wave: I was the second delivery, picked up my Chrome Orange Saturday morning. No pictures yet.

People's reaction to it is really interesting. I was taking it easy on the freeway heading back to Virginia - keeping it below 4,500, varying the speed (hard to do in heavy traffic), changing gears to vary the RPMs, etc. Within two miles on the freeway from picking it up, I had at least two guys pass me (in the fast lane) honking their horns and giving me the thumbs up.:up: Lots of passengers staring at the car as they passed. Passenger on a motorcycle almost falling off as they turned to see the car.

Pulling into my neighborhood, the guy in the motorcycle in front of my, keep looking over his shoulder to see the car, then pulled over so I could pass and he could view it from behind. Then he circled the block, stopped in front of the house and had to check out the car.

Had one guy in a SUV asking if I wanted to trade. He complemented me on the car, and said he had just heard all about it from his 14 year old son sitting next to him (the kid was all grins - knowing something his dad didn't know).

Caused one wreck - as I drove through the neighborhood the next day, there was a kid circling around on his "razor" scooter. From about 5 houses away, he saw me, did a double take and promptly crashed in the middle of the street.:D

On Sunday, my sister and brother-in-law visited from California. Mario stuck his head into the car to check things out, and triggered the alarm. He about fell over, jumping out of the way. I had to give everyone a ride.

The car is Great!!:bow:

Doing business at Criswell's was also a great experience (except for turning over such a large sum of money - most expensive car I've ever bought - but it's worth it;) ).

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Friday, MattG and I visted the local dealer for a test drive of there CO demo car. First time seeing a CO Elise on the street, it does stand out. :D . Congrats Tim.

·
Registered
413 Posts
No. VA viewing, Tim?

OK, Tim, when are you gonna let us poor down-the-list slobs check out your car? Anyone else in VA have theirs? Would be nice if we could get even a couple or three together somewhere.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts