The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the weather in the upper 40s to lower 50s for the next few days I just could not take it any longer and I got the Exige out yesterday.:D I was getting a bit jealous of all of you guys that live down south and out west driving you're cars all winter long.:evil:

I almost had forgotten what it is like to drive a real car since I had to put it in storage after only having it for a month last fall. Now I can't wait until the drive to Galena next month with FVMC.

I fell in love all over again with this wonderful uncompromising mechanical piece of art.:)

·
Registered
606 Posts
I guess I'll have to add you to the list of people I'm living vicariously through..:) Won't be long for me now, however.. Congrats on getting your car out. It must have been torture laying the car up all winter after only having it a month!

- Allen.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
70degF in South Carolina today. :D

Driving to work with the top off - Sweet!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nice to see you on here Bishop!

I'm with you....living vicariously thru others on here for now.

I have some work to do to get mine back out....battery totally
dead now and need to replace it.
Need to do the oil as soon as I get it back out too!

Hopefully another few weeks and the weather will turn!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Only a few more weeks for me to be :shift:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I think the longest I went without was about two weeks. Pot holes, sand, gravei, salt, melt off, and rock hard tires take away from the fun. Come on summer!

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
"I fell in love all over again with this wonderful uncompromising mechanical piece of art."

Excellent! :D

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
That is about all that can be said about storing a car for winter...

When you do get to drive it again after months of not driving it, it seems like a new car all over again.. kinda of like the first day you drove it home... :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Vampyre,

You are going to run in a few weeks? Isn't the snow last night going to slow you down a bit, lol. I am hoping for may 1 as my first day out in the Lotus.

May be a nice drive down around the lakes, hmmm....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Driving it the first time after storage is a religious experience.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Vampyre,

You are going to run in a few weeks? Isn't the snow last night going to slow you down a bit, lol. I am hoping for may 1 as my first day out in the Lotus.

May be a nice drive down around the lakes, hmmm....
Naw. that will be gone once the temps go up in a few weeks and the melting snow starts to wash away the salt and debris on the road.

I have driven a couple times over the winter, a few weeks ago we had a real nice day with dry roads I took a 45 mile drive... still nothing like the summer, but better then nothing...

I can't wait for the summer... Love driving around the finger lakes, that was one of the last drives I took before storing my car for the winter.

Do you have any great twisty roads that you can share?...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I really like the drive around Canandaigua Lake. Nice scenery, and some nice twisty parts down at the southern end of the lake. Also there are some nice drives around Sodus Point, which is a bit closer to you, probably.

We should get together once it warms up. A local Elise owner has just added a supercharger, so I am sure he would be up for some runs as well.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Sounds like a plan...:up:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I cannot wait!! A few more weeks and hopefully a few rainstorms will rid our streets of any residual salt and winter grime.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Today it was backroads from my Myrtle Beach office to Charleston with the top off, sunny and mid 70's. I also saw the yellow Elise that lives in the neighborhood across the street, top off and grinning as well. I'd hate to live anywhere where snow is more than an infrequent curiosity.

·
Registered
74 Posts
But the nice thing about living in the great white North is snowmobiling.

One ride on a fast sled, and the lotus will feel sluggish and slow, in a straight line or in the corners.

My sled weighs 550lb and has 150+hp. it will literally scoot out from under you if apply the throttle correctly.

Still, it would be nice to be able to drive the Lotus year round...

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
It feels like spring today!

Yippee!! Went for a cruise through the country. Crested a hill and ran over a crap load of cow poop. Now I have a car that's yellow on top and brown on the bottom. And, yes, it stinks.:mad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts