The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will begin by stating that I've been to a lot of dealerships over my lifetime-- ranging from the local Honda dealership to the ubiquitous Mercedes dealership to the not so common exotic/Ferarri/Lambergini dealerships.

That being said, I would not have anticipated that Criswell was going to provide me with quite possibly my best experience to date-- but they did.

From my initial contact to my final pick-up of my new aspen white Exige, they handled each step of the process flawlessly. I began my experience when I messaged Dan (aka ISellLotus). He was very knowledgeable, helpful, and courteous. It only took a couple of casual messages back and forth to agree on the terms of the deal. We talked on the phone a few times, and I flew into Maryland the next weekend. Dan was nice enough to pick me up from the airport even though it was 50 minutes away from the dealership. He is an all-around good guy and very friendly. I arrived at the dealership and they had all the paperwork ready for me; everything was precisely as we discussed. The entire process took about 20 minutes and I was driving away in my new car. :) There were no games and no shenanigans, and everything was executed perfectly.

I would encourage anyone who is interested in picking up an elise/exige to contact Dan. I have about 5 Lotus dealerships closer to me, but I will definitely contact them first when I want to get a new eagle/esprit. I give Dan and Criswell my highest recommendation. :up:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
THANK YOU very much!! :clap: How was the drive back yesterday? How long were in Baltimore? Thanks again for the nice comments! I'll call you later today.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drive to Baltimore was nice. The ten hour trip home was an enjoyable experience and I am ready to drive more. I've been in a lot of cars both before and after my Elise, and nothing feels like a Lotus.

And as for the comments, they are simply a mirror and solely reflect all of your actions-- so thank you for the excellent experience! :)

I will talk to you later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
DAN DRAYTON....PRETTY COOL CAT

Mr. Drayton has sold me 2 Exige S's, one white one black....he has my personal recommendation. By the way Sir, I was the gentleman who was at the dealership wandering aimlessly (having my aftersales service done) while you were there. Mr. Drayton is very professional and courteous. Enjoy your car. I put 18k on my last one is 7 months!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
zerok001,

Did he pick you up in your car so you could "Test Drive" it all the way back to the dealer?

If so, that would have been COOL!

AMLDB7,
Was that you wandering on Saturday by the Vette and Lotus section? Was your car the Silver one in the Hummer Service Section? If so, I drove by you in my Nightfall Blue Elise. Hi.

Dave

·
Registered
139 Posts
Criswell sales is top notch

I am also impressed by Criswell, having purchased my 06 Exige on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) 2006. Russell Carter was my sales rep - great guy. I don't make it over there as often as I should - except for service intervals - probably a good thing as I'd be very tempted to get the Exige S or S 240...

What really stuns me is reading about all the negative experiences with California dealers (i.e., the recent post about a dealer in the SFO area playing games with pricing), vs. places like HRM and Criswell. Do the CA dealers just assume that if you are in the market for a Lotus, that you are loaded and therefore prices are non-negotiable?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AMLDB7,

It was nice to meet you. I took your recommendation for my trip home-- and it was quite pleasant. Thank you. :)

davecarama,

I brought a passenger with me. While she is petite, I think three people in the car might be pushing it. :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
ENJOY ATLANTA

I love Atlanta....I go down there for NOPI every year. My car was the the 07 Black Exige S---"the batmobile". Or at least that's what the "urban" folk in D.C. say when I go downtown. Tell Criswell that they need to have as many Lotus events as they do Vette events and keep the love flowing their way!!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Dan does a great job and has helped to turn a somewhat inconsistent dealership into one that is quite respectable.:clap::clap:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Dan,
Great to hear that you are doing such a great job at Criswell. I have been thinking about getting a 240 for a while. I am in no position to buy it yet, but may later this yr. I'll stop by there sometime when I am closer to purchasing.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I was at Criswell once with Bob Worrest. All I remember was they let me sit in the Demo Elise at the time. That was def. cool. This was back in 2004.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts