The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trolling these forums and craving an elise/exige since high school 8 years ago, I finally got one last month! I patiently waited through high school, college, got a real job, bought a house with a big enough garage, and sold off some other cars, until I was finally in a position to seriously start looking for one over the last 6 months. My previous cars include an 88 NA and 89 SC MR2 which were a prefect introduction to the elise. I was set on polar blue, and finally found a PB elise in Boston over the winter. I waited some more until the weather was decent enough to make the trip from Boston to Michigan. The drive back was full of stares and everyone asking about the car at rest stops. I don’t have any good pictures yet, but here’s one from the drive home.

It’s mostly stock expect for some minor upgrades (radiator, mount inserts, de-snorkeled). I’ve already added a baffled oil pan, toe link kit, and LETSLA. Still a couple things on my to-do list, but nothing too crazy (yet). Already autocrossed it once, and can’t wait to get out to some track days. I signed up for Gingerman on May 30th – I hope there will be others out there!

I also want to thank everyone on this great forum full of greatly helpful people. Before I settled on the car in Boston, there was another PB elise in Houston that I was considering. I posted about it on the forums looking for some advice, and got multiple offers from people willing to check out the car for me. Andy was kind enough to take time out of his business trip to look over the car, and give me good feedback – THANK YOU! I ended up going with another car, but I really appreciate the help. I hope to meet some of you in person... I plan on going to the Detroit area meet tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I came from an 87 Mr2 --> spyder 2001 --> lotus 2007 SC. I also agree it was a nice toy elise. It's like the Elise took every week part of Toyota mr2 performance and crammed as much as they could in to it.

Love the color!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Welcome, nice car.

I also own a Turqouise 93 Mr2 Turbo T top, which is what my dream car was in HS (similar to your Elise story).

When I lived in St. Louis, I helped a Monsanto guy with a Polar Blue Exige do exhaust and diffuser. Only time I saw the color in person.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Love Polar Blue. Congrats and welcome to the forum :)

See you tomorrow!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Seems like MR2 to Lotus is a common progression.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Same here: from MR2Turbo to 111R

After driving my '92 MR2T for over 12 years I switched to my '05 NA Elise. I keep fond memories of the old Mr.2. Never had any repairs (other than clutch, brakes and one bad wheel bearing) which encouraged me to look for the federalized Elise in the first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts