The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it is twice now that Randy has posted in the main forum that dealers know what their allocation will be for the next 12 months. Anyone on good enough terms (or pissed off enough) to see if they can wrestle the figure out of Overseas? I'm guessing it is pretty low due to current car shipments (4 so far right?) At an optimistic 20 cars per year, I'm looking at having a 2007 Elise instead of a 2005 that I expected when I put money down in 2004. Ummm..yeah, getting kind of STOOPID.

If it is as low as 10 per year (and assuming it remains somewhat stable for a few years, which is assuming a lot..but hell, this is the most clear information I've seen thus far) I might as well buy a used Elise in 1/4 the time.

It is a long trip for me, so I'm hoping someone in Dallas can wrangle the intel out of the ever-elusive sales director.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think 20 is pessimistic. I am #8 on the list and have been told a September build date and I have an order number. Since they stopped taking orders around 70-80, I expect that their allocation is in that range. They have two Espirits on the floor. I don't know if they have sold any in the past year. However, if their allocation is based on how many Espirits they have bought from LCU, as opposed to how many they have sold to customers, two is better than none. Second they are in a city that sells a lot of high end cars and the metro area has about 4 million people. So I think 70-80 is not unreasonable.

Having said all that, I have not been told by any Overseas employees what their allocation is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, if that's the case..let's do some math for a rough estimate:

September build date
October delivery date, let's say the 15th (really optimistic here)
Cars "shipping" since July 15
8 cars in 3 months
=
32 cars per year

That's erring on the side of optimism, nowhere close to 60-70 cars. Overseas has had either 2 or 4 cars delivered so far, no one really knows where the 'extra' cars came from? Was one a demo? Did they buy someone else's auction car? Who knows....I haven't seen any numbers that appear promising yet. Although we do have it better off than the places which have see 0-2 cars thus far.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A little bird told me they should get around 4-5 cars a month - Overseas told me 3 a month. However Lotus is 45 days behind schedule and so thats why so few have turned up.

The mystery cars were not part of the allocation and may have been purchased from another dealer.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
dodgy_01 said:
A little bird told me they should get around 4-5 cars a month - Overseas told me 3 a month. However Lotus is 45 days behind schedule and so thats why so few have turned up.

The mystery cars were not part of the allocation and may have been purchased from another dealer.
So they lied to their customers about how the cars were acquired. What else are they going to lie about. I'd really trust them with my car for service. NOT.

·
Registered
866 Posts
huggy bear said:
So they lied to their customers about how the cars were acquired. What else are they going to lie about. I'd really trust them with my car for service. NOT.
Exactly. I am amazed there has not been an outcry from their customers over thier service. I knew it was a bad sign when I tried to put a deposit down there, and no one knew they sold Lotus. I went there in person, and again was told that they didn't sell Lotus. It was completely unorganized. Glad to be an Autostrada customer.:cool:

I think it is important to remember that Dallas can command a large premiuim for the cars. I am from there, and the number of exotic and semi-exotic cars is daunting compared to everywhere else I have lived. I think that that dealership will continue to sell cars for a long while above MSRP. I would also assume that their list would be less relevent then other dealers.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I saw the stickers on both cars (Storm Ti and Bronze) I am pretty sure both said Overseas. I am less confident on the Storm Ti. I have a clear picture of the Bronze cars sticker and it says in the box for "Dealer to Whom Delivered", "Royale Cars Inc/Overseas Dallas". Royale Cars Inc is their Corporate name, Overseas Motors is their DBA.

The guy who bought the Storm Ti is on the boards and could confirm what the sticker for his car said.

Greg

·
Registered
210 Posts
Overseas Sticker

Ummm - Hey Randy

That is really strange Lotus USA told me that they did not get extra cars ....he thought they bought them from other dealers. ITs smelling a little fishy..

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
It has to be droped customer cars, or cars they ordered themselves when it was time to order.

I keep telling myself, "Patience is a virtue"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts