The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Overseas Motors (Dallas) selling for MSRP

I was contacted today (#23) to order my car! They are selling at MSRP as promised. I asked about driving a demo with LSS. They told me that they haven't heard of the " first car held as a demo for 90 days" so I will not get to drive a car with LSS before ordering unless I drop down on the list. They also haven't heard anything about the LSD option. I can't decide whether to order now (delivery estimated in August/September) or wait to drive an LSS car. I currently drive a 90 BMW M3 which most people would say rides like a car with no suspension- its quite tolerable in my opinion. Could anyone with seat time in both cars offer any comparison? Any input greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Robert, wow that was fast? there must have been a bunch of decliners. I would go as comfortable as possible, as i doubt the difference would be that noticeable on the track as it will be on the public roads. Maybe they will be calling me soon. Have tou given them your order? did they give you a deadline? what about black wheels?
gerry

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not expecting to have to order so soon. They told me they want my order by next week. They didn't say anything about an option for black wheels. I may drop down on the list to wait for the LSD option and a chance to drive an LSS car. I'm going to talk to them on Monday and make my decision then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
me and my buddy were #1 & #2 at overseas motors. we both dropped ours. maybe a few others did as well.

i'm waiting on LSD.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just oredered mine yesterday and I'm #15. The dealer actually takes the order before the order goes in to Lotus. So it still may be a while before the order is "officially" in. As for the black wheels, my dealer said they are not available at this time, at least not from the factory.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jerry at Overseas told me that if I dropped down on the list, they would put me at #71 (last)- I can't drop down selectively to mid list! Even then, he said that 35-70 would have to order in April- before anyone gets to drive a car. I thought that the last part of the list wouldn't be ordering until later in the summer, giving plenty of time to drive a demo and maybe be offered LSD as an option. I have heard from reliable but un-nameable sources that the LSD option will probably become available in early 2006. I wonder if I should be the first to get on the 2006 list. Any opinions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
my opinion -
in slower autocrosses - a pretty big difference. say 1 second slower in a 60 second course or so.

on street - negligble difference
on road cource - not much either.

just my opinion and guestimate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Chris, my plans are mostly to track the car. Are there any other opinions regarding this?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
gerry k said:
Thanks Chris, my plans are mostly to track the car. Are there any other opinions regarding this?
Pretty much agree. The area where this will really matter is turns that are probably less than 50-60mph, with good grip levels and in competition use. So street will not matter (not counting the use of LSD for rain/snow... I live in San Diego). Higher speed track events should not make much difference, though most tracks I have experience with will have lower speed corners that could benefit from LSD.

Without the LSD, you will have to *squeeze* on the throttle more, as compared to mashing it.... and in autocross, the quicker you can apply full throttle, the better your times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts