The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

I've been lurking in these forums for a few months, and just now finally registered. As for my connection to the Lotus community: I drove a 1989 Elise SE as a daily driver from 1992 to 1997... definitely not the wisest choice, but at the time, I was in my mid 20s and all caution was to the wind. I sold the Esprit when I moved overseas, and just recently moved back to the US. Hands down, that car was the single most fun car I have EVER owned. So, I must admit that after all these years I'm still no wiser, but there is at least a little experience that is kicking in the back of my brain. I loved my Lotus back then, but it definitely had a certain twitchiness about it. Now that I'm trying to resettle back into the US, I am once again looking at Lotus cars... I guess it's in the blood at this point.

Sooooo... I've been trolling various Elises/Exiges for sale that have a few miles and a wee bit of warranty left on them, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with Overseas Motors in Dallas, Texas. They treated me very well in the 90's, but I did spend a good bit of money there in hindsight and at the time. How is there service these days for Lotus owners? Is Alan still the Lotus tech there? Anyone know, or willing to share opinions/experiences?

Very curious to hear if anyone is willing to talk, and howdy to the community here. Great discussions, info and pics from all!

·
Registered
257 Posts
How is there service these days for Lotus owners? Is Alan still the Lotus tech there?
Chad and Jason are the Lotus techs. I bought my '05 Elise last September in a private sale. My experiences since then with Overseas Motors - Chad, Jason, and Ana, my service advisor - have been very good so far.

Good luck with your search, and welcome back to the club.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know what they want for their 06 CO Exige?
No idea, but like Petroboy, I'm looking at a private sale. Overseas is just a few miles from here, so no question it would be by far the most convenient place for any service work.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
They seemed very nice the one time I went there for a part. They do not have a very wide selection at any given moment. I drove mine all the way from California when I bought mine, so don't limit yourself by location :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback and comments! Much appreciated!

I'm hoping to slip out later in the week and head down to Houston to take a look down there. I've stumbled across several down that way that seem to be worth taking a look at. :drool:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Give Tim Earl at Star Motors a call. Really good guy to work with and no b.s.
Star never placed a mark-up on their cars, even when the Elise first came here and the wait lists were long.
713-868-6856 direct
281-844-1082 cell

Tell him Al Brussich refered you. I could use a discount.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I did not have a good experience either with sales or service. We bought our car in Austin because of it. Recently I tried to order some parts and had to call repeatedly because they didn't call back when they said they would and when I called the person that knew what I was talking about was gone. Your experience may vary.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I did not have a good experience either with sales or service. We bought our car in Austin because of it. Recently I tried to order some parts and had to call repeatedly because they didn't call back when they said they would and when I called the person that knew what I was talking about was gone. Your experience may vary.
That's pretty much what I found. Service advisors pick up their phones 1/5 times and you have to call and leave 2-3 voicemails before anyone returns your calls. Maybe they just have a lot of traffic but it seems like they are always with a customer in the service drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts