The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten any useful information from them. I talked to the Sales Manager last night. He said their Demo is due at the end of June. I asked if they had inforamtion on when other cars would be coming, he said no.

I am theoretically number 8 on their list. I don't know what their allocation is, or how many Espirits they have sold. I just feel a little in the dark.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Sam Hunter my sales consultant told me about a month an a half ago, that they'll be getting probably only 4 on the 1st shipment, then 6 on the next one and then 8 from there on.

I don't know how solid those figures are. I'm way down the list so I'll be lucky if I get a 2005 model.

Be patient, it will be worth it. Since Lotus are going to have weekly shipments you might get yours sometime in July or maybe August due to the options that you ordered.

I've heard from this board and the puresportscar one that Lotus is batching the production by color or is it colour? :) and that the LSS options are a bit delayed so they might not know at all when your car will get here.

Of course I'm just guessing. In any event your wait is almost over, mine has not event started.

Miguel

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Greg,

Please post if you hear when the demo car gets here. I'll do the same if they happen to contact me earlier. I don't think it will get here until the 22nd if not later.

Miguel

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I am losing track of so many details, but I think I was told that Texas dealers are getting the cars from the east coast ships.

Dealer demo arrives 6-15. ~3 days for prep and paperwork. 2-3 days for transport via truck to Texas. I agree with around 6-22.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Greg: Welcome to the dark. I just had theb receptionist at Rothrock tell me she heard that the first customer cars won't be here until early July. I'm now starting to wonder if I'll be in mine for it starts snowing. Grrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are there any other Lotus dealers in the DFW area besides Overseas motors? Also, who would be a good person to speak with?

Thanks,
Torch

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Surferjer said:
Greg: Welcome to the dark. I just had theb receptionist at Rothrock tell me she heard that the first customer cars won't be here until early July. I'm now starting to wonder if I'll be in mine for it starts snowing. Grrrrrrrrr
I would agree with the receptionist.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Torch said:
Are there any other Lotus dealers in the DFW area besides Overseas motors? Also, who would be a good person to speak with?

Thanks,
Torch
Hi and welcome to the forum. I think this is a complete Texas list-

Texas

Autostrada
4108 North Lamar
Austin, TX 78756
512-458-6400
www.autostradausa.com/

Lotus San Antonio
8333 Broadway
San Antonio, TX 78209
210-828-007
www.gonzabaautoplex.com/

Overseas Motors
2425 West Northwest Highway
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-9171
www.overseasmotors.ws/

Star Motor Cars
7000 Katy Road
Houston, TX 77024
866-408-7827
www.starmotors.com/

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, and welcome.

I started life as #28 at Overseas Motors. I understand that I am #25 due to attrition. I spoke with Cass about 2 weeks ago. He was expecting a dealer demo in mid to late June. He had no specific information then about customer's cars, but his view was similar to those shared on here, i.e., 9 cars during July/Aug and about 3-5/mo. thereafter. I am hoping for Nov/Dec. for my car, but that may be optimistic.

Overseas is the only game in town for the DFW area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info!

I really want to sit in one of these before I put down the deposit, but it might be too late by the time I get the chance too. I think the guy I spoke with was Jerry not sure tho. Just wondering if there was someone that was better to speak with than another.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Torch, my suggestion is deposit first, sit later.

I have yet to hear of someone (though of course that is skewed because they may not bother to post) that decided he did not like the car after sitting in it.

IMO... all the magazines coming out right now with articles gushing over the Elise puts pressure on getting a list sooner.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Torch, my suggestion is deposit first, sit later.

I have yet to hear of someone (though of course that is skewed because they may not bother to post) that decided he did not like the car after sitting in it.

Actually, you might remember JohnnyQuest, who no longer visits these boards. He was number 8 at Criswell. He never seen or sat in the car until I went to the Pittsburg Auto show with him. Couple of weeks after the show, he pulled his deposit.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
nxm150 said:
Actually, you might remember JohnnyQuest, who no longer visits these boards. He was number 8 at Criswell. He never seen or sat in the car until I went to the Pittsburg Auto show with him. Couple of weeks after the show, he pulled his deposit.
I missed out on that. Why'd he pull it? He didnt like the fit and finish or he didnt fit?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The only person he really told outside of Criswell was me. I never met the guy prior to finding out he lived close to me. Anyways, he was expecting the car to WOW him alot more than it did. He is a very meticulous (sp?) person and was pointing out various flaws to me about the fit and finish but he did understand that thousands of people could have been picking at the car. He has a new Z4 and is happy with that but he wants to see my Elise when I get it so that I can rub it in his face what a poor decisiion he made.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
nxm150 said:
Yeah, I expect that is what skews that. I would not want to log onto an enthusiasts site and announce the car sucked.

But I thought Torch was asking more about sitting in one for fit. Never considered someone might decide it was not nice enough, though I can understand that.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Not to downplay the importance of fit and finish, but in the Elise I don't think that would be #1 on my list of reasons why I want to buy it nor would it discourage me that the fit and finish isn't on par with a BMW. I can understand his decision though.

He should have sold his spot :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts