The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Overview of all (new) headers

Some many new headers coming up on the market, time to create a little bit of oversight, see table underneath. Because of a lack of dyno data, pricing info etc., the table is not complete (yet)....

Highest (peak) gains: ForcedFed 4-1 Header.
Cheapest header: probably Motorwerks/Weapon R Header.
For all new header buyers: I hope this helps!

EDIT
The remarks in this thread were taken into account in the second version of the sheet you'll find underneath.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I don't know if there is something more to that PPE dyno, because a "stock" 2ZZ making 200+HP is not a beast that I have ever heard of. But the difference gained is the important part I guess. Just don't want poeple to think they are going to have a 212HP (!!) NA 2ZZ by putting on a header.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Is the ForceFed street header still available? I heard it was discontinued due to the supplier. MDWeaver has this on his car with the stage II exhaust and sport cat. It sounds amazing when on cam.

Also from my understanding you do get an initial gain in hp, but unless you get the ECU reflashed by either CharlieX or PES you loose the gain in a couple of weeks, because the ECU will recalibrate.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah those numbers are not fairly compared, an NA car to a SC'd car and a car with the dyno reading a higher value is not comparative either.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Yeah those numbers are not fairly compared, an NA car to a SC'd car and a car with the dyno reading a higher value is not comparative either.

And comparing a 4-1 to a 4-2-1 isn't fair either. 4-1 generally gives up low end for high; a 4-2-1 is much better for the street, usually sacrificing top end power for low/midrance torque. Area under the curve gives a better comparison than peak numbers. IMHO.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Thanks for doing this for the community! I think it's beneficial for everyone.

My comments:

- Relative gains are more important then the #'s themselves. I apologize again for the high #'s on the PPE header :(

- Maybe put a place in there if the vendor dyno'd the header on their own dyno or at an independent shop? I don't want to sound negative but certain larger vendors are "magicians" at running their own dynos and seem to show gains that can't be replicated anywhere else.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATED!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Good job, with one issue: the ForcedFed Street Header is in the wrong place, it's a 4 - 1 design, not a 4 - 2 - 1.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts