The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just a reminder, you want to take the keycard out of your blaupunkt stereo when you get your car and keep in a secure place, makes it less appealing to be stolen, keycard resides behind the face and looks like an mmc card.
Chris

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Good suggestion. And while we're on the topic of the radio, has anyone figured out how to change the radio clock from 24h mode to 12h mode???

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
GMorel1916 said:
Pardon the ignorance but, keycard??:confused:
It's a small memory card. If it's out of the radio, and someone steals the radio, they won't be able to use it. (Without the keycard, once the power is disconnected, the radio becomes useless.)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
No problem! :)

I'm not enamored of the Los Angeles MP72 radio in this car -- too much bling. Sound isn't great (but that's probably a function of the speakers). I did finally turn the treble WAAAAAAAAY down, and that helped some.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
you people have been on waiting lists for 1-2+ years and haven't found the time to read the radio manual?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
atyclb said:
you people have been on waiting lists for 1-2+ years and haven't found the time to read the radio manual?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
I have been studying it the last week so that when I get my car, I will be up to speed quickly. :)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ripped my first mp3 cd thanks to aty and others here for the tips. That is definately the way to go. I think I have 6 music cds on one disc and it wasn't full. Sound quality is great, I did 128 kbs.
Chris

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I ripped my first mp3 cd thanks to aty and others here for the tips. That is definately the way to go. I think I have 6 music cds on one disc and it wasn't full. Sound quality is great, I did 128 kbs.
Chris
Using mp3's higher than 128 in an open top/noisy car is pointless, you gain sound quality at expense of compression, however, it's quality that is lost in the baffles. Using .aac (itunes) stick to 192 bps compression and you'll have files same size as 128 mp3's but higher quality.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
babak said:
Using mp3's higher than 128 in an open top/noisy car is pointless, you gain sound quality at expense of compression, however, it's quality that is lost in the baffles. Using .aac (itunes) stick to 192 bps compression and you'll have files same size as 128 mp3's but higher quality.
will the stereo play a disc full of .aac's though?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I kinda wonder about these anti-theft measures stereos are doing now. It might work with an intelligent thief who can spot a certain stereo and say "Aha! I won't try to steal it since the smart owner no doubt took out the card and it will now be worthless to me."

Bottom line is 99% of thieves are the dumb smash and grab type who have no clue about certain models and their anti-theft measures. I own a top end Eclipse unit that does a similar thing, and my car has been a part of three attempted break-ins during my 5+ year ownership.

Bottom line, if something looks flasy (expensive), and especially if the car is a convertible, it is a magnet for stupid thieves. At least my thief got caught and is serving hard time. :D I wanted to send him a note saying "Open Wide!" :p

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
On that note

Why lock your house, why have an alarm system in your car or better yet in your house?

They are deterrents. Sure a thief will do dumb things, the more people with deterrent systems the best for everyone else.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thats why I'm not willing to park my car anywhere but my home for now. I can't even bring it to the office as I'm not confortable leaving it outside, I'm sure the fear will wear off though.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Can the radio's face plate be taken off?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts