The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about this because there are a lot of guys saying, "I'm 100 miles from the nearest dealer and am worried about making the trip for maintenance, etc.".

I live about 1100 kilometres from the nearest dealer. That is about 722 miles.

Anyone got me beat?
Kev

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm 4-5 hours away.

Louisiana FTL. :sad:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
there is no dealer on my island...
I would say you are going to be the winner here hehe, nearest dealer is what Los Angeles?
2,600 miles

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I would say you are going to be the winner here hehe, nearest dealer is what Los Angeles?
2,600 miles
officially there is one on oahu but only a cynical person would call them a dealership...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ouch I'm happy I have mine only 5 minutes away about 2 miles for me. But honestly how many people actually take their car to the stealership for the majority of work???

·
Registered
296 Posts
6 hours + for me which, if the car is not drivable, is a long, long way. :(

·
Registered
569 Posts
I LIVE IN MANITOBA CANADA CLOSEST CANADIAN DEALER IS ABOUT 28HOURS AWAY.

18 hours, Winnipeg - Toronto, 1972, Citroen Ds21. I was 22 years old.
:cool:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
2,600 miles
A dealer in LA? Where?

·
Banned
874 Posts
I'm bout a half hour away:D

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Interesting post. With the Lotus dealer shrinkage we're seeing there will be lots of people who sadly may beat you, Hawaii man!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
it depends on how you define furthest... if you define it by straight distance I'm not all that far away...

if you define it by driving time, I cant drive to a dealership

I could ship my car to oahu but that would take about 4 days to do and then 4 days to get it back... or if you want to go to a mainland dealer... its like a month (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
958 Posts
it depends on how you define furthest... if you define it by straight distance I'm not all that far away...

if you define it by driving time, I cant drive to a dealership

I could ship my car to oahu but that would take about 4 days to do and then 4 days to get it back... or if you want to go to a mainland dealer... its like a month (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)
+1 at least the Canooks can drive to their dealerships...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Interesting post. With the Lotus dealer shrinkage we're seeing there will be lots of people who sadly may beat you, Hawaii man!
if you are worried about shrinkage I would refrain from swimming in those arctic waters up north and instead try swimming down here in our 75 degree ocean water :cool:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Interesting post I thought I'd chime in on...

I don't own a Lotus but I lurk here because I one day hope to own one... yet I live 1.0 miles walking distance from my nearest dealership FMVC. It's actually further if you have to drive, because you need to go past the dealership and make a U turn on a divided highway.

So I might not have furthest beat, but maybe closest!

-Bananas
you know we moved right? no more u turn on a devided highway, we are in westmont now so you may have a little more drive time.

T.J.
FVMC

1 - 20 of 25 Posts