The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now one week into owning my new Evora. REALLY like it!

A couple of thoughts:
* I think the looks of the car are just stunning; I just stand and stare at it sometimes when I park it and walk away--it is unique
* It is very quick. good acceleration from almost any gear. Frankly, it sure feels quicker than the R8 (V8) this may just be the weight difference, but I just don't feel like I need to drop it down a gear to get moving
* 3rd to 2nd shift is still not fantastic, but it appears to be getting better or maybe it is just me--don't know
* door lock issue solved with WD40
* sat/nav/etc is not bad; screen is a bit hard to see for me, but overall it is OK; some things are actually easier than the Audi (I also have an A7 with their new system and it is frankly just too much tech to deal with when trying to drive--and this if from a real geeky tech guy!)
* The fit and finish is a new league for Lotus; is it Audi level--No, but it is pretty darn good; it is quiet with the windows up, it does not rattle, the doors close with a "thunk"
* trim would be the one area that they could do better. e.g. they used an amazing velcro in the trunk for the carpet that conceals the battery compartment. So much so that it is stronger than the adhesive that attaches the carpet and the sound insulation. If you try to pull it off to get to the battery then you actually pull away the insulation before the velcro gives away
* rear seats are a bit comical; they have mounts that are plastic and supposed to "grab" the wire on the seat cushion to anchor it, but they don't line up; really no big deal, not like they are going anywhere, but try to lift up the back seat cushion to get to the emergency trunk release and then try to get it back down. :)
* the recaro seats are just the best I have had in any car that I have owned. You really feel secure in the cockpit of this car
* Sound is OK in sport mode for a V6, not like a nissan that sounds like a sewing machine(sorry Nissan lovers); I have a Larini sports exhaust on the way from Sector 111 that I hope will make me happy on that front

Finally, the handling on the car is just amazing and I have not pushed it at all yet. I am still amazed at how they get such a compliant suspension over bumps and rough roads and yet have it feel so stiff when cornering.

Bottom line. I just love it. I sure hope that Lotus survives their current turmoil so we can all keep enjoying these amazing and unique cars for many years to come.

And just one more thing, if anyone can point me to where I find out how to resize pictures to fit this forum I would appreciate it. I have searched and looked at FAQ's and nothing seems to address it.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Interesting--seems like they changed some things from the 2010 I have. I think the back seat is just fastened with Velcro and that seems to work fine. The rear carpet is fastened with thumbscrews that hold the cargo net thing in place. They don't really work, so good to see they tried to fix it. . . With something else that doesn't work. :p

I either resize pictures in Photoshop or using the email feature from my iPhone or iPhoto if you have a Mac. That's a quick and easy way to do it if you have one.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congrats and thanks for the update. It's always great to hear this kind of information, because I've been seriously considering the Evora as a more livable upgrade from my Exige.

I'm also in SD, let me know if you ever want to head out for a drive.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
On the re-sizing question: if you have a PC with a recent version of Windows OS--just open the jpg with "Paint", go to the re-size button, select pixels, and re-size to about 800x600 (letting Paint keep the aspect ratio of original image constant). Save new image with a new name if you want to also keep original image size/resolution.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Here is the URL for the Microsoft Image Resizer download:

Windows XP downloads - Microsoft Windows

Just go to this, click on the "Power Toys tab", and click on "image resizer" to down load it.

Once you have it, then you just right click on any open photo or thumbnail, and select "Resize Image", and then "small or large jpeg", and it will put a small duplicate of the photo in the same file that your large photo is. "Large" resized image files work well for posting or e-mails.

To resize multiple photos which are in a row on your thumbnails, left click on the first image, hold down the Shift key, then left click on the last image, and all will be selected. Then right click while the consecutive images are highlighted and follow the resize instructions.

To resize multiple images that are not consecutive (in a row) on your thumbnails, left click on the first image, then hold down the Control key while you left click on the next image(s) that you want to select for resizing. Then right click while those multiple images are highlighted, and follow the above steps.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yes, that is a great utility--but it is not compatible with Win 7 :shrug:.

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
A word of warning on aftermarket muffler on the S,s. Seems that the diverted value removal throws the ECU into a tissey. I sit with the Lotus Light weight exhaust in a box. But no worries, car accepts Hi flow CAT change, larger down pipe, and even headers if you want to go that far. Refer to My Garage.

I mainly wanted the rear muffler change to save weight in the ass, but yesterday solved that with a 20 - 30 lb removal by ordering a Chimera 5lb lithium battery

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice update.

As for image resizing, just use imgur: the simple image sharer. You can edit the image and host it right from there. No account needed to do it anonymously, or setup an account so you can always go back to all of the images that you have uploaded.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Martin you ended up going with the Larini valved exhaust right? That should avoid any issues with the ecu hopefully.

I still love mine! They are great cars-I'm 7k miles in and pushing across country now and still couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Martin, glad to see you enjoying the car and staying positive on the "little" things.. just remember the Lotus mandtra--- T-A-D-T-S, man.. T-A-D-T-S! :)

BTW, a quick note for everyone on resizing images:

You can use a free online utility to resize your images quickly, even do a little photo editing if you want.. No need to install anything.. and it works on all OS's.

Go to Pixlr.com

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, the valved one. I have programs that can resize, but what size fits? And what is tadts. I know what lotus stands for.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Yep, the valved one. I have programs that can resize, but what size fits? And what is tadts. I know what lotus stands for.
TADTS = They All Do That Sir TADTS

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Since there is a preview button it's easy to experiment a bit before posting. And with editing (Advanced) it's quite possible to resize even after posting.

I'm no expert at pixel counting and image size and all that, and seen some very confusing and contradictory results. But pure trial and error will get us images we can share. At real life resolutions.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
As noted above--800X600 pixels is a good compromise size/resolution for viewing online (at least for my 22" 16x9 monitor :D).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts