The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading through this article and it has a little lotus content. Apparently driving a Lexus sedan makes you look like a prospective good family man but driving a Lotus shows the opposite?

Women say men with hot cars are arrogant and compensating for something | Fox News

FAST-CAR FINDINGS

Harris' study was conducted online in March, fielding answers from 2,167 American men and women 18 and older. The survey didn't uncover anything especially interesting about men's opinions, although 38 percent said that women who drove fast cars were likely show-offs, and a small number -- six percent -- suspected those women were "emotional" (whatever that means).

Among women, however, the findings were far clearer:

56 percent of women say that men who own exotic or fast cars are arrogant, and 17 percent see them as insecure.
48 percent say that a car is a reflection of a man's economic status.
46 percent say that a car reflects a man's image of himself.
32 percent say that a car can reveal what kind of family man a guy will be. In other words, among women looking for long-term relationships, a Lexus sedan may score you more points than a Lotus roadster.
According to Lawrence Cervantes at AnastasiaDate (the site that commissioned the study), "It's no surprise that men fantasize about driving an exotic car with a beautiful woman in the passenger seat, but this new data proves that fantasy is better left for a weekend with the guys. When it comes to dating, women want a grounded man, and his car is a clear reflection of this."

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
:yawn:

I say to hell with lame studies and do whatever you want.

·
Registered
988 Posts
American men and women 18 and older.
First mistake.

Men in there teens and some early twenties dont know what they want and are already arrogant and think they know it all, I was one of them. And women? common, of-course they would say that about a guy in a nice car, give me a break?

To each there own, owning a lotus defines nothing. It's the perception from people that don't own one that makes these stereo types. I told everyone at work from day one ( hire date ) I'm looking for a Lotus elise and I will get it because its the car I want. I had a very good loyalty and friendship with most of them. The day I bought my car %70 of them now wont even talk to me.

I find most women appreciate the car and most men are jealous of it. Even 2 members of my own family wont talk to me know.

Oh and the most important thing, at least with an Elise ( IMO ). Any girl or guy can say they don't care a thousand times, but the one time they stand next to it with the keys in their hands its a different story.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
^ Sweet Europa!!! And I certainly appreciate that beautiful lady's.....uh....tundra?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
I can tell you the local, cool, single, breeding age females up here in the Mount Washington Valley appreciate the car. They are completely seduced by it. As am I. BUT, the married family in tow females are a different thing. Not sure why - but it seems more of an annoyance if their hubbys are there. Not sure about the mechanisms involved...

·
Registered
591 Posts
im sure a woman wrote that article. shes probably pissed because her husband pays more attention to his car then her. gravity probably bested her, and now shes pissed.

im 25, if some girl wants to point the finger and say im not a family man, shes damn right. i got plenty of time before i plan on having a family. if i were to compensate...well id get a big diesel truck and wear tapout shirts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Yes, because we all know that women hate arrogant men. Lol. The same people that say this stuff are the same ones that say "a car is just something to get you from point A to point B"... then cast aspersions on others.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
must not get sucked in by the women bashing....

:(

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
At 40, I get more looks in my pickup than I do my Elise.

And by more, I mean, once, but the sun might have just been in her eyes.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I've been happily married for 13 years, have three amazing kids under 10. I'm on my third Lotus. F 'em.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
The Real First Mistake.
So MSNBC would have been a better choice?

Or perhaps CNN, where the poll would have invariably tied Lotus' Malaysian owners to the missing plane.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Love articles like this...

I'm late 30's, Lotus has been a dream car for me since I first saw one in 2005.

I'm happily married to a gorgeous blonde, and my car get all kinds of attention...

mostly from guys...

We don't have kids yet but have 2 Subaru's to haul the kiddos in when they arrive.

I didn't buy the car to compensate for anything, just wanted to fulfill an item on my bucket list.

Haters gonna hate!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Uh yeah - I bought the car because it's fast and hugs corners like a house fly. That's all I have to add.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

Actually, this thread is just compensating for the fact that women tend to run our world.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looking at the percentages reported, I see nothing alarming. The article mentions that women think men in fast cars are insecure, but only 17% reported such an opinion. This means that the vast majority (87%) did not respond in the affirmative to that question. Likewise, with the exception of arrogance, the other percentages reported were less 50% meaning less than half of the women polled held that opinion. For example instead of stating 32% think the car indicates what kind of family man you'll be, they could have said 68% do not. Ah, the media.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
What if you own 2? and I have a big Swartz! Not bragging or anything, its kind of a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts

It's difficult when you start with a misogynist article, followed by misogynist commentary. :(:(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts