The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Lotus Esprit S4s with the OZ Futura wheels. I have a leaking
valve stem on one wheel. Does anyone know the reference part number for either the rubber grommet at the base of the valve stem or that of a replacement metal valve stem? There are several rubber grommets available online and generic "slim" metal valve stems for use on 3-piece wheels, but ultimately, I am unsure if I would be buying a part compatible with my wheel....any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Karim
619/813-5809

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
?? I believe there is nothing special about the valve stem, but to replace they'll need to dismount the tire , pull the old valve stem thru, then pull a new valve stem thru from the inside out. Repair cost for mount, dismount, remount , balance, etc may be $25-30 tops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response. I agree - the procedure is straightforward, but the issue I am having is finding a replacement valve stem. The diameter of a standard rubber valve stem is too large to fit in the hole in the OZ Futura wheels. It needs a 0.23" (I think) diameter valve. While I can find this diameter online, the height of the base of the stem looks taller so that the part that goes on the inside of the rim may protrude too far...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts