The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to see if I could find a set of OZ Nova Wheels and what
they might cost to buy a set?
I like the look and I have a 1989 Esprit Turbo SE with stock wheels now.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was looking to see if I could find a set of OZ Nova Wheels and what
they might cost to buy a set?
I like the look and I have a 1989 Esprit Turbo SE with stock wheels now.
I was fortunate to find a set of novas a few years ago. They very seldom come up for sale. If they do expect to pay $4k to $5k.
Checkout "the lotus forum" and or "lotus esprit world". They have used lotus parts.
Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In order to put the V8 wheels on an 89SE, you'll need to either change your front hubs to V8 hubs, or bore out the hub spigot diameter (while maintaining hub-concentricity) on the front V8 wheels.
Yes I was going to bore out the front wheels if I can find a set.
I had a set of Saturn wheels that for some reason I was stupid and sold years ago.
I will watch for either wheel.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'd replace the hubs. They are easy to find and not that expensive.

·
S4s
721 Posts
If you are really wanting a set of Nova wheels, I would contact Bauke Tocus (in Germany) on Facebook. He had some for sale a few days ago. He is selling and parting out Esprits all the time.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you are really wanting a set of Nova wheels, I would contact Bauke Tocus (in Germany) on Facebook. He had some for sale a few days ago. He is selling and parting out Esprits all the time.
Would you have an email address for Bauke ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a quote from Bauke and just waiting for a shipping cost to the US. If shipping is reasonable I will probably pull the trigger. Note that he painted the wheels, so would take some work to get them back to the factory finish.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Have you all considered having a set made up by CCW wheels?

They have a similar design and could match the size and offset exactly. I think they are ~ $2500 for a set?

I love the NOVA but they are like hens teeth

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where does he post what he has for sale?

·
Super Moderator
3,968 Posts
Where does he post what he has for sale?
He's posted on Facebook Market Place - don't ask him the price publicly - you need to PM him. He has stated 'expensive'
Here's the link if you have Facebook:

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I have a set of Esprit V8 Saturn wheels available. As some here know I have a wheel fetish. These are in good condition, not perfect. $2,000 plus shipping. Pictures here: Esprit wheels for sale

I also have one pair of brand new Futura (not Saturn) center caps left. These are unobtainium. I scored a handful of them from an estate a few years ago. I seem to be the world's remaining supply. I had a lot more Esprit wheels and center caps from that source. Just two caps remain.

My Esprit S4s has Nova wheels on it. I also have a set of the Esprit Sport Magnesio wheels, I don't think they made more than 50 sets of the Magnesio. Whatever the quantity the certainly qualify as the most rare. I can't convince myself whether I like the Nova or the Magnesio better so I'll keep both!

·
S4s
721 Posts
Those Magnesio wheels are garbage. A real fire hazard too. I'll take them off your hands for $500.
:ROFLMAO:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts