The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This brand new track had it's first weekend on November 6th with NASA Central Region. It is the most technical track I have been on with the most elevation change and blind corners. It is essentially build on the side of a hill. There are few level places outside of the garages and main entrance!

The video below was my best lap on Michelin S8Ms but an otherwise factory car. There is easily a low 2:40 lap available with the current setup. The Camaro ZL1 1LE is likely 15 seconds a lap faster than my prepared 2007 Exige S on R888Rs.

The lead and follow showed all three of us were faster when following someone else. It will take years to master this track and become comfortable running at speed. The up and down forces over the roller coaster were a bit unnerving but eventually will be taken at full speed.

A beautiful GT40 Replica hit the wall at the off camber turn 1. A TT equipped Camaro ZL1 1LE hit somewhere else. Again, a very technical track on a cool November day where I had trouble building temp in the tires.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2010 Exige 260 Sport, 1979 Eclat, 1969 Type 61 Formula Ford
74 Posts
I need to schedule a road trip. Awesome video!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
429 Posts
Doesn't look very suitable for beginners or people wanting to learn driving on the track. In addition to the elevation changes and blind corners the barriers are close to the track and the run off areas are small.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would not suggest this track as a learning venue although NASA Central Region is hosting an April event with a beginner group. It's not the fastest track I have been on but it is certainly the most challenging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts