The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm continuing my 'black' theme on my SY 2005 Elise. I took my diffuser and gas filler to the p-coater for a satin black finish. The p-coater called a few days later and I went to pick them up. They looked great. He then handed me a bundle of silver molding. I didn't even know the rear diffuser had molding on the edges. I thought the edge was aluminum:thwack: He then told me how they had to scrap all the silicon off before they could coat it. He suggested I put something on to protect the edges. I found some black truck door edge guard at Advanced Auto for < $6 that worked perfect and one roll was just enough:D Here's what it looks like now.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
looks great, the black diffuser is my next mod. well done!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Looks good. And the black lic. plate is cool too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ Thanks! These were available in Pennsylvania a few years ago. Glad I kept a car registered.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That looks better than my "Black Pack" diffuser. I discovered yesterday that the paint on my diffuser is coming off, and now shows dark primer.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
that came out fantastic. awesome! on my list of things to do.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
John...can't wait to see this in person in Lewes in two weeks! Did you get this done by someone in Va or Pa?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Looks great.
Bumblebee theme is coming along!

Maybe a pic from further away so we can get the whole perspective. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it done in Bloomsburg, PA at a small shop called D&R something. Paid $120 for both the diffuser and gas filler.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
What was the cost to powdercoat the diffuser if I may ask?

Thanks.

I had my '05 Elise diffuser P-coated 2 years ago. It has held up very well, no chips. I did remove the edge molding before I had it P-C'd.

It cost me $60 for the diffuser. Took 3 days to do it.

Thinking of P-C'ing the whole underside of the car...

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
You mean the engine access as well? Or the whole underside including the chassis?
All the underbody panels, front to back. Can't P-C the chassis/tub itself.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Looks great! and I like the attention to detail in that you bothered to take care of the edge molding which looks very good.
:clap:

I agree - can you back up a bit and take a shot of the car's entire rear end?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will take a pic tonight and try to post it. I got a new computer so it may take a little bit.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hey can you back up and take a pic of the car so we can see the whole rear end ?

Todd :)
FWIW, this is a backed-up pic of my PC'd diffuser. Hope this gives a better perspective. I also added the black trim to match the OEM look.

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Reviving an old thread... but I want to powdercoat my diffuser soon. I'm curious as to how you got the door edge guard on the diffuser so perfectly in the corners... did you use glue of some sort?

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
FWIW, this is a backed-up pic of my PC'd diffuser. Hope this gives a better perspective. I also added the black trim to match the OEM look.

Regards,
Wayne
uh oh, illegal lic plate frame :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts