The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm continuing my 'black' theme on my SY 2005 Elise. I took my diffuser and gas filler to the p-coater for a satin black finish. The p-coater called a few days later and I went to pick them up. They looked great. He then handed me a bundle of silver molding. I didn't even know the rear diffuser had molding on the edges. I thought the edge was aluminum:thwack: He then told me how they had to scrap all the silicon off before they could coat it. He suggested I put something on to protect the edges. I found some black truck door edge guard at Advanced Auto for < $6 that worked perfect and one roll was just enough:D Here's what it looks like now.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Looks good. And the black lic. plate is cool too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ Thanks! These were available in Pennsylvania a few years ago. Glad I kept a car registered.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That looks better than my "Black Pack" diffuser. I discovered yesterday that the paint on my diffuser is coming off, and now shows dark primer.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
John...can't wait to see this in person in Lewes in two weeks! Did you get this done by someone in Va or Pa?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Looks great.
Bumblebee theme is coming along!

Maybe a pic from further away so we can get the whole perspective. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it done in Bloomsburg, PA at a small shop called D&R something. Paid $120 for both the diffuser and gas filler.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
What was the cost to powdercoat the diffuser if I may ask?

Thanks.

I had my '05 Elise diffuser P-coated 2 years ago. It has held up very well, no chips. I did remove the edge molding before I had it P-C'd.

It cost me $60 for the diffuser. Took 3 days to do it.

Thinking of P-C'ing the whole underside of the car...

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
You mean the engine access as well? Or the whole underside including the chassis?
All the underbody panels, front to back. Can't P-C the chassis/tub itself.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Looks great! and I like the attention to detail in that you bothered to take care of the edge molding which looks very good.
:clap:

I agree - can you back up a bit and take a shot of the car's entire rear end?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will take a pic tonight and try to post it. I got a new computer so it may take a little bit.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hey can you back up and take a pic of the car so we can see the whole rear end ?

Todd :)
FWIW, this is a backed-up pic of my PC'd diffuser. Hope this gives a better perspective. I also added the black trim to match the OEM look.

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,715 Posts
FWIW, this is a backed-up pic of my PC'd diffuser. Hope this gives a better perspective. I also added the black trim to match the OEM look.

Regards,
Wayne
uh oh, illegal lic plate frame :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts