The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As title says, has anybody tried the Lambo-specific 235/35 R19Y P Zero Corsa for the Evora? Lotus specification is hard to get, rears I have but fronts are hillariously expensive. Would still gt them unless somebody has tried the Lambo specification. Or Porsche, but I'm not sure whether they mix well, in doubt I stay with LTS.

Thanks for any experience.

Sven

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Get the Mercedes specific P0 Corso variant - Subtype M0. That's what all the dealers do.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm, we are talking P Zero Corsa System 235/35 R19, are we? Have never seen a M0 specification on those, just the odd N0/N1 Porsche spec - noting that quite a few 997 run them - and the said Lambo spec. Is there a Merc spec for the AMG? Which tire shop has them, I can't find anything?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure, you don't get them in Germany / Europe, at least not in LS specification. Wonder whether those from TireRack are LS, they are advertised as OEM but only the Posche spec in that size carry the correct abbreviations (N0, N1).

Spoke with my dealer today, LS are more than €600 each, L are €280 each. So we try the Lambo spec, mid engined car, about the same weight, can't be too far off. Will report back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, I have tried L - rated P Zeros on the rear. I ordered them by mistake, having not noticed the difference in ratings.

Don't try them on the rear.

They are VERY different from the standard M0s - they completely upset the handling of the car. It could be the sidewalls, it could be the compound. I kept mine for two weeks and then forked out another 700 CHF to buy a pair of M0s. The Ls have been sitting in my garage ever since. I don't think I'd even use them on a track.

I wrote a thread about a year ago on the Lotus forums site.

If you're looking to replace the fronts, you could take the risk, but I wouldn't.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes, I have tried L - rated P Zeros on the rear. I ordered them by mistake, having not noticed the difference in ratings.

Don't try them on the rear.

They are VERY different from the standard M0s - they completely upset the handling of the car. It could be the sidewalls, it could be the compound. I kept mine for two weeks and then forked out another 700 CHF to buy a pair of M0s. The Ls have been sitting in my garage ever since. I don't think I'd even use them on a track.

I wrote a thread about a year ago on the Lotus forums site.

If you're looking to replace the fronts, you could take the risk, but I wouldn't.
I think you're talking about the 19" PZero, not the 20" PZero corsas?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talking about M0 he probably is talking about PZero. However, have even able to locate some LS spec tires (thanks to some other forum members).

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a set of barely used rears (2500km, no track) if you are interested, I sell them with 50% used fronts.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a set of barely used rears (2500km, no track) if you are interested, I sell them with 50% used fronts.
Rears I have brand new, bought them for €400 each. Now need fronts, jt want to get new ones.

·
Registered
138 Posts
400 euros looks like a good deal!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
reifen.com still has them in LS spec.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts