The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my car from a company that sells salvage cars. to make a long story short it used to have a stage 2 vision function supercharger on it. talked to the original owner (ZTEC) and he said when he wrecked it he just put it back to stock. when i purchased it, it would not run. I sent computer to sector111 to get it flashed back to stock. when i got the computer back the car ran great but pulled up a engine code p0012 the r4 and all the other fuses are fine. the car runs and drives perfect, just wont go above 6000rpm. i have reserched this a lot but have not seen a thread about a car that ran good that did not have a blown r4 fuse. could the vvt solinoid be in upside down. any help would be great

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Scanning software is going to be your friend here, you need to see when it is running and you vary the rpm that the intake cam phasing is changing, if it is stuck at one position you have an issue with either the ECU output to the VVT solenoid, there is an oil flow issue to the VVT control circuit or there is a problem with the phasing mechanism on the cam itself.
Verify that you at least have some voltage to the control solenoid when the engine is running, there should be some duty cycle applied to keep the intake cam around zero phase, the lack of voltage would indicate ecu or harness issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts