The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been driving the car 8 times after the installation and recieve the code "P0171 System Too Lean" everytime. The car runs good except for the P0171. No other modifications than Tri-point sc with xede piggy-back and no P0171 before the sc installation.

Checked for loose gas cap.
Checked the 3 hoses on the airbox.
Airbox closed and the filter (tested with old and new) is installed right.
New and fresh 95 octan gas.

Clean MAF?
Could I get P0171 if the xede wires crank, MAF and O2 are tapped wrong to the ECU? If so shouldnt the car run badly?
Beacuse the car runs extremly bad if the xede doesnt have any power.
Could it be beacuse of injection fault? if so shouldnt the car run badly?
An other suggestions?

Short movie of the first test drive
Movie here

/Per

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Have been driving the car 8 times after the installation and recieve the code "P0171 System Too Lean" everytime. The car runs good except for the P0171. No other modifications than Tri-point sc with xede piggy-back and no P0171 before the sc installation.

Checked for loose gas cap.
Checked the 3 hoses on the airbox.
Airbox closed and the filter (tested with old and new) is installed right.
New and fresh 95 octan gas.

Clean MAF?
Could I get P0171 if the xede wires crank, MAF and O2 are tapped wrong to the ECU? If so shouldnt the car run badly?
Beacuse the car runs extremly bad if the xede doesnt have any power.
Could it be beacuse of injection fault? if so shouldnt the car run badly?
An other suggestions?

Short movie of the first test drive
Movie here

/Per
Check to see if you have a leaky injector cushion. Start the car and spray some electronic cleaner around the injectors and see if the idle increases.
I had gotten that same code from time to time. Never got it after reseating the injectors properly.
Do you have a no learn chip? If not you should talk to charlie.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check to see if you have a leaky injector cushion. Start the car and spray some electronic cleaner around the injectors and see if the idle increases.
I had gotten that same code from time to time. Never got it after reseating the injectors properly.
Do you have a no learn chip? If not you should talk to charlie.
Thanks will try that. Dont have the no learn chip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to sound negative, but there have not been too many successful installs, over the long term anyway, without a non-learn ECU. PS, I emailed your Xede file.

Thanks! Read about that hopefully its just a leaky injector :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Thanks will try that. Dont have the no learn chip.
DO NOT RUN THAT CAR WITHOUT A NO LEARN CHIP!
Contact charlie and get a katana flash or get an EFI.
Its your engine....good luck. don't say I did not warn you

OOPS fix big type-o

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I would NOT run that car with a no learn chip!
Contact charlie and get a katana flash or get an EFI.
Its your engine....good luck. don't say I did not warn you
Mark, was that a typo? Running the Xede with a learning stock ECU is an ongoing tuning nightmare.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Mark, was that a typo? Running the Xede with a learning stock ECU is an ongoing tuning nightmare.
Yep that was a big type-o. Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Which SC kit is this?

Is the Katana (w/ a Charlie tune) the only kit with the "no learn" chip?

Good luck, and keep us posted...

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I'm not really selling the no-learn chips anymore, better off with the SC tune, so unless you really want to keep the xede for more tuning i'd go with
the straight xedeless ronin tune.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
no the reset is trickier, you run the car, switch the car off (key out) and then disconnect the battery completely before the relays clicks off.

I wouldnt run it without the no learn at least, if you really want no learn get a ronin have me change it to 'no learn' so it'll set the base line properly, zero out the xede, and then tune from there if you need too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no the reset is trickier, you run the car, switch the car off (key out) and then disconnect the battery completely before the relays clicks off.

I wouldnt run it without the no learn at least, if you really want no learn get a ronin have me change it to 'no learn' so it'll set the base line properly, zero out the xede, and then tune from there if you need too.

Maybe I should do as Frank told me "get a proper tune" :D

Could you sell me the xedeless ronin tune? If so send a reply (email) and tell me where to send the ecu and how much for the tune.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts