The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put roughly 20K miles on my Forcedfed street header (w/cat) with no issues.... enjoying it all the time:D

Now, the MIL light comes on with a P420 code. I've cleared it half a dozen times, made sure the connections at the cat are tight, etc. but the light won't stay out.

Has anyone else had problems with P420 codes and the Forcedfed street header/cat? If so, how did you resolve them?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Quoted from the above link: "Fools the secondary O2 sensor when you remove the cadillac converter. " rotfl
Yeah, you're not dealing with rocket surgeons there. Still, it worked.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you've ran that long without, good chance you have a bad O2 sensor.
Thanks Dave, That's what I'm thinking too. The cat's not cracked and it's not that old. I hope I can find the diagnostic procedures in the Celica manual....

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought I would report on progress in case anyone else has the same problem.....

My scanner doesn't work with the Elise so I could not run the diagnostics. I only know code P420 and that it triggers consistently for the last several weeks every 70 miles after I reset it with the code reader.

As the thread indicates, it's either an OX sensor or the Cat and probably the sensor. Being rather frugal, I removed both sensors and washed them with Dawn detergent and a tooth brush yesterday - can't hurt, I figure:rolleyes:

Guess what, today no MIL! Time will tell if it continues, but my fingers are crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts