The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Went on Lindora about 3.5 weeks ago. I've lost 30 pounds already. So, as I see it, I've already offset the weight of the touring package! :p

Bob

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
Hi Bob,

Good for you!

Ara

·
Registered
474 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I do agree on personally losing weight also, but there is only so much one can do there.
I've been working on it since I put my deposit down. Lost 13 lbs so far. Another 15 lbs to go before I get mine some time next year. :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
jdl8r said:
Weight of the stereo is insignificant in respect to everything else. And unless you plan on racing your Elise, it's just stupid. In which case you'd have to add a roll cage and other heavy safety equip. AC is a must. Especially in Socal. If anyone on this forum can tell the difference in performance/weight with and without the AC unit - they're leagues beyond everyone else and should be sponsored by Ferrari along side Shumacher.

Hell, go on a diet if you really want to cut some weight and improve performance! And you'll be able to get in/out of the car any easier too.
Especially in SoCal? I'm in LA, and I haven't used the AC in my MR2 Turbo for years, except to run it to keep it in working condition.

I gained weight when my wife got pregnant, but should be back under 100 lbs in no time. ;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I gained weight when my wife got pregnant, but should be back under 100 lbs in no time.
WHAT? UNDER a 100 pounds? How tall are you? :confused:

As for the A/C... I've lived in SoCal all of my life and it's possible to go without A/C, but I insist on it. Try sitting in traffic without A/C. It's a bear. And with the roof off, it's twice as bad.

In my old 308 GTSi with the roof off (and the large greenhouse), the car got hot in no time flat. It sucked that the A/C was inadequate on that car. I expect the Elise to get equally as hot, but hopefully with a far more adequate A/C system.

Bob

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
One of the 111R posters reported a weight for their car of 1900LBS. This was without the LSS. I'm pretty sure the 111R is near identical to the Fed Elise. It does have the twin oil coolers, ABS, AC, ect... If so, we may be pleasantly surprised. There is a scale at NHIS where I go frequently. The track is part of the NASCAR series. I will weigh my Elise when it comes in this summer. My only option was the LSS.

BTW, my A4 Avant weighs 3396LBS. It is a stripped model with no sunroof. This is quite a bit lighter than reported by Audi. I can't believe how light the Elise is with close to the same HP.

·
Registered
154 Posts
funny how many of us have decided to "shave weight" from ourselves for the upcoming elise invasion.

Myself, I was pudgy at 182 about a year ago. Started prepping for the arrival at that time. Dropped 30 lbs so a svelte (albeit skinny) 152. I hover around 155 now.

I can't imagine losing any more. And if it really comes down to saving more weight, i'll add LSS later.

Robert

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
Eyelise said:
One of the 111R posters reported a weight for their car of 1900LBS. This was without the LSS. I'm pretty sure the 111R is near identical to the Fed Elise. It does have the twin oil coolers, ABS, AC, ect... If so, we may be pleasantly surprised. There is a scale at NHIS where I go frequently. The track is part of the NASCAR series. I will weigh my Elise when it comes in this summer. My only option was the LSS.
The 1900 lbs weight is for the car with no options. Options include the AC, touring pack. The main difference between 111R and Feddy is the absence of the airbags. How much weight do you guys think this adds?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
O.K. I hadn't realized AC was an option. So add 23lbs for AC and another ? 10lbs for air bags. It still looks lighter than the 1975lbs claimed by Lotus. My LSS should shave 20+ lbs so that puts me down close to 1915lbs. I sure hope so because I plan to be deep into the 1800s by the time the supercharger is offered.:D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts