The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I were recently in Italy and HAD to go for some car tours.
One of which was the Pagani compound, which consisted of the showroom and the factory tour. They even threw up and flew the Canada flag for us too. No cameras were allowed on the factory floor, but wow, what an operation. Such carbon craftsmanship. We were lucky to have a Zonda'R' in the showroom when we were there too. Such beauty. Also, wonder if that orange Zonda is a replacement for that owner in China (I think it was) that crashed one awhile ago??
We also went on a Ferrari tour of the inside walls of the factory, but couldn't go inside any of the buildings. But we did see the 'new Enzo' also named the F70 tooling around the inner roads of the factory walls, right passed us. But again, no cameras were allowed. I just about shat myself when it came up right from behind us and passed by. We also did a lap around the Fiorano test track with the Ferrari tour bus.
We had scheduled a Lambo factory tour, but it was declined prior to flying to Italy, apparently due to a new Lambo being produced that is a secret for now. They're building a new assembly line for it. So we just went to the Lambo museum instead.
All shot with a new Fuji pocket cam. Not really top of the line quality pics, but it's something.
Thought I'd share some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part2:

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part 3:

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part4:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I hate you!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part5:

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate you!
LOL. Yeah, I'd hate me too if I was you.
I couldn't believe how lucky we were to see, smell, and secretly touch when no one was looking, a Zonda 'R'
My life is that much more complete now. :p

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Saw a few at Goodwood this year. Remarkable how much of the car is occupied by that drive train. What design and workmanship, and it looks that there was no expense or effort spared anywhere.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's just such an awe inspiring car to see, no matter which part you look at. Total purpose built.
We saw the crafts-people working working away in their climate controlled room, with the carbon fiber into the moulds and such. It's intense. A few thousand dollars per roll of it and they have to keep it in a fridge otherwise it hardens before they can work it. The way they get it all to line up is nuts.
You said it. Doesn't look like any expense spared at all. Major masterpiece of automobiles

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Buuuuuuuut I will say that my life is better than yours since I was up close and personal with the Koenigsegg CCXR Special Edition (2.7 million). There is one secretly hidden here in Orlando.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
So it's only the US cars that have such ridiculous paintjobs. Because this car wouldn't stand out otherwise, I guess.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I. HATE. YOU

Did u get to hear one? I hear the exhaust note is otherworldly

·
Such Moderate
6,742 Posts
amazing.

Although I used to work around veyrons all the time in dallas, there is nothing like a pagani. I can't even imagine what the exhaust note sounds like in person.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts