The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy cow Batman!
Blew my Lotus allowance for the year (OK, well maybe...)
TRMotorsport F1 wheels, new AO48's, Sector111 Two piece rotors (I know that Sector111's stuff is spendy, but their rotor set is top notch!) and my fav, Pagis RS 14's and I gotta tell ya, I love these pads great initial bite! I can get into the ABS very easy now, were with the OEM pads I had to beat the *%^& outa them... Can't wait to get this puppy on the track with this setup! Somehow I don't think I'll be concerned comming into turn two at Pacific Raceways anymore...

·
Registered
606 Posts
.... as long as that "ice mode" don't get ya ;)

You going to PR for the BMW day on 4/11? How about the Alfa day on 4/24?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm Alfa day sounds good, never been to one of theirs yet...
RT, I just contact them directly right?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RT, signed up for Alpha day on 4/24...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perfect, I love them! No ice mode, always there. Easy (for me anyway) to modulete.
Had some of the fastest laps ever on that track.
They do squeal around town, but I've worked around this by braking differently, so I think that I'll leave them in for daily driving as well...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
How aggressive is the rotor wear w the blacks? Like a shreddar to cheese? I'm completely OE currently,w 30k miles,3rd set of front pads,2nd pair of front rotors-2nd pair of rear pads and original rear rotors. I've done 9 track days since my last set of front pads and rotors. I've been leaning towards the blacks as I'm not too concerned about noise, and drive very little on the street.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've read every pad post on this forum and my conclusion is the Blacks are pretty mellow with regards to Lotus rotors.
Car is so light, evidently this makes a HUGE difference.

(Blacks on a Porsche = moderate rotor wear, about 40% more than stock.)

You guys own 'miracle cars' with regards to brakes, seriously.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Perfect, I love them! No ice mode, always there. Easy (for me anyway) to modulete.
Had some of the fastest laps ever on that track.
They do squeal around town, but I've worked around this by braking differently, so I think that I'll leave them in for daily driving as well...
What kind of lap times are you seeing at Pacific Raceway?

Turns out I had to bag out on the Alfa Day so nothing from me (besides, I'm running Performance Friction 97's ;) )

·
Registered
286 Posts
I didn't make it; f'd up bearing install resulted in wobbly rotors.
Previous owner turned 1:30. BUt then again this is with 514hp :huh:

*** FWIW, RS14s are IN, 20 sets both F&R arrived last week)***

1 - 20 of 20 Posts