The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Mods :wave::

Since there has been numerous complaints about the Google Ads and some of the changes, have you thought about having a fee-based subscription option, giving paid subscribers Google Ad free forum and some special features.

I am sure many of the members would be more than happy to pay a reasonable subscription ($12-20/yr.) and have access to the forum without getting bombarded with Google Ads. I am guessing that migth generate higher revenues for the forum, while keeping more members happy and loyal to the forum.

Regards,

/s/ dude-who-was-bored-and-wanted-to-suggest-an-idea

*P.S.: please feel free to giving me a free subscription for this suggestion. ;)

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
How about they pay us and they can throw in a few more Google ads if they want??

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Just use the firefox add on Adblock Plus. No script is a little harsh. I only put that on sometimes. You'll never see them again.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Yeah thats the one I use. I don't know how to set it up, so it has the no script set up (whatever that means). What is the ideal set up if you don't mind me asking on this firefox adblock plus? Thanks!
Once you install AdBlock Plus

Press Cntrl Shift E and select Easylist (USA)
Or Select Tools then Adblock

That should be all you need to do once it's installed. Let me know if you need any more help if that doesn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts