The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Definitely on the Certificate of Provenance, but aside from that, I don't know where else it can be found.

Of course if you already know the paint color, the codes have been posted here before.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I can't remember where, but I believe I read that the paint code is located behind the carpet on the upright below the rear seat on the driver's side. I can't confirm this and I don't know why they'd put it there, but I'm certain I read it somewhere (SELOC maybe?)

A dealer can get your build sheet with this from the VIN though.

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
"VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER & ENGINE NUMBER

The Vehicle Identification Number (V.I.N.) is a unique 17-digit number used to identify the car for licencing, warranty, spares ordering and administrative purposes.

The chassis frame is stamped with the V.I.N. on the crossmember beneath the driver’s seat, accessible inside the cabin with the seat slid fully rearwards. Pull back a flap in the carpet to view. The number is also printed on a label stuck to the vertical face of the fuel tank bay, below the front edge of the right hand rear seat cushion or luggage shelf. Pull back a flap in the carpet to view."

Believe its thus behind Passenger side on US cars.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Copy of post I made last year....

"Paint code for the US is printed on the VIN decal that is affixed behind the passenger seat:

"The number is also printed on a label stuck to the vertical face of the fuel tank bay, below the front edge of the right hand rear seat cushion or luggage shelf. Pull back a flap in the carpet to view."

(For those with keen eyes, yes the VIN # was altered for photo posting purposes :) )"

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts