The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some body panels replaced on my 2017 Evora 400 - that's officially "Metallic Grey" in Lotus-speak - but, being in the middle of the cornfields my local painter (who does good work, just not experienced with Lotusdom) is scratching his head at matching the paint...

He uses the manufacturer Cromax - and I've googled, but don't see a public listing of that color...

Anybody any help? :)

Kevin

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I believe the paint code sticker is in the rear passenger compartment, near the floor.

Reactions: kestrou

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I think he is specifically asking how to mix Cromax paint into Lotus colors, which I don't know the answer to, but its a different question then what is my lotus paint code.

Edit: Although after reading some other threads on this issue maybe you are right.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
As long as he has the paint code, he should be able to figure it out, or I would take the car to another shop.

Reactions: kestrou

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Paint code location is under rear seat, pass. side (or under parcel shelf):

And for what its worth, they used two different Cromax paint systems (info provided by Andy Graham).

A new paint system, Cromax Pro, which is an activated water based coat, was introduced for specific paint colours in May 2010 as a running change and can be identified by the letter ‘C’ prefix on the paint code, whereas the previous standard Cromax paint was identified with a ‘B’ prefix.

The difference between the standard Cromax and the Cromax Pro is the finished appearance, i.e. the metallic effect of the Cromax Pro system is now applied to the base coat with a standard clear coat, whereas the previous Cromax system the finished effect was achieved through a tinted clear coat over a solid base coat.

The finished appearance for the same colour may vary between the two paint systems, therefore it is essential the correct paint system is used when carrying out paint repairs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone's responses - yes, I'm looking for the Cromax code - which I don't think is necessarily the Lotus code...

From the pics and assistance above found it behind the passenger seat - in the "red circle" above - and for 2017 Metallic Grey is C185.

Now, will cross my fingers that helps the local body shop and I can get this great stuff I picked up from Sherman on the car for pics to share! :)

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts