The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Guys - question for you.

I'm going to to the mesh grill mod. When you do that, you wind up with a bunch of tiny holes in the boot lid. Most guys plug the holes with Ace-bough hole plugs. They are black and would stick out like a sore thumb on my saffron car.

I'd like to paint them Saffron before I install. Don't want to use the touch up pen (brush marks), would prefer to spray.

Anyone know of a source to get a good PROPER Saffron code (B106) in a rattle can? They are tiny plugs, so a perfect super duper match is not that critical.

I see automotivetouchup and paintscratch both sell them. Anyone buy them? Thoughts on the quality/match?

Thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
touch up paint for wheels

looked for touch up for stock elise silver wheels. Used Toyota paint code 1615 (Silver Titanium) which was very close. Also bought some 1614 (Grey) and was able to mix to almost and exact match. Hope this helps someone.

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
looked for touch up for stock elise silver wheels. Used Toyota paint code 1615 (Silver Titanium) which was very close. Also bought some 1614 (Grey) and was able to mix to almost and exact match. Hope this helps someone.
Very useful!! Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does anyone can help me find the Paint code on my 07 Exige? Where will the label be located? Usually what letter does it start with?

Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dr. ColorChip? Any Experience / Feedback

Has anyone ever order a touch-up paint kit from these guys? i have got a few chips that i would like to fill and am looking for the best solution.

thanks for the advise. - Adam

·
Registered
230 Posts
Artic Silver

Hi there,

I have a 2005 Artic Silver B92 Elise. I went to order touch up paint (just in case) and the people at Automotive Touchup said b92 is for 2001-2 Lotus.

My tag does say b92.

Randy at the beginning of this post said artic silver late in 2005 was replaced with b103.

What I need clarity on is if they are the same color; i.e. b92 and b103.

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Does anyone know what paint code B137 is, it's greyish, on DocJay's new 2010 S260

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Just purchased a gallon of Saffron Yellow Dupont Chromabase. here's the Dupont correct code. First time I'm shooting Dupont, I'm still going with PPG clear.

·
Integrator
2,683 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe this has been answered but I am looking for the name/paint code for the metallic green Lotus uses on a lot of their motorsports cars. A very unique green and I am not sure I have seen it on any of the codes listed, but as the colors shown are very basic it is hard to tell.

So I have attached a bunch of photos of the color I am looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
898 Posts
Maybe this has been answered but I am looking for the name/paint code for the metallic green Lotus uses on a lot of their motorsports cars. A very unique green and I am not sure I have seen it on any of the codes listed, but as the colors shown are very basic it is hard to tell.

So I have attached a bunch of photos of the color I am looking for.
It is hard to tell from pictures, it could be Lotus Racing Green (LRG) code B86 or Metallic Racing Green code B119.

Is this your car? Open the doors and look on the inside of the sills, next to the seats. The later cars have a sticker with vin and paint codes listed.

If you have the vin, get a hold of Andy Graham https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/en-GB/certificate-provenance/

If this is not your car and you do not have a vin, Andy might still be able to tell you.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts