The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a forum for paint film folks....lots of interesting stuff in there. There is info on installs, various films, adhesives, tradeoffs and so on. One guy claims that orange peel is NECESSARY to be able to hide other flaws related to stretching. And I see that Lexus is now offering film embossed with their logo just like Star Shield has that nice Lotus Roundel on it.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showforum=148

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Stan said:
And I see that Lexus is now offering film embossed with their logo just like Star Shield has that nice Lotus Roundel on it.
LCU's very own Clyde Shepherd got the idea for the embossed logo and the 3M folks liked the idea so much they are taking it to their other customers!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
>>>LCU's very own Clyde Shepherd got the idea for the embossed logo and the 3M folks liked the idea so much they are taking it to their other customers!!!<<<

Cool it was a Lotus idea!!!

It's a great concept and helps sell the product. It helps justify the price in the customer's mind. proves authenticity. It's too bad Lotus couldn't get a piece of that action...the profit margin is huge. Hmm well I guess they do! Or at least something more for the idea if it catches on in addition to whatever they make on Star Shield.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Props to Clyde :clap:

It's been a long time since he's posted here, I guess he's swamped, trying to get us our cars. Thanks Lotus guys !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts