The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found the need to paint the front speaker covers (not a grill) to reduce windshield glare? My covers are a bright silver and thier reflection is very distracting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Silver? My cover is black, I do have a silver logo...correct me if I'm wrong but I think it just says Alpine (Haven't really leaned up to read it). It doesn't really glare in the windshield but it is something I can see in the glass, more of a reflection really. Not enough to annoy me.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Many of us ended up with these silver covers as replacements when our OEM covers popped out after their rings melted in the sun.

The glare was reduced when I added 3M crystalline to the windshield. A less expensive way would have been to pop 'em off and spray matte black. I should do it anyway.

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Many of us ended up with these silver covers as replacements when our OEM covers popped out after their rings melted in the sun.
Tom
Oh holy jesus that's ugly. :eek: Bad Lotus, Bad! :thwack:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's exactly my scenario. They are now a satin black and reek of toluene, acetone and some other good hydrocarbons. Mine didn't really bother me 90% of the time but at certain sun angles here where it's never cloudy I felt like I was looking at a heads-up display of flying saucers in my windscreen. But problem solved now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts