The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a pattern cutout for exige, can only find for elise. I realize front clamshell is different from the elise, but would the rocker panel pattern for elise be the same as exige for a protective paint film? Thx

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Get it done custom, the stock pattern stinks, no protection for area between radiator intake and oil cooler intakes.

A good film guy can make it just about perfect

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
get multiple quotes in your area and read reviews or ask your friends for recommendations. personally I think Suntek, Xpel and 3M all make quality film so I would go with the installer I liked best and use the film they recommend.

I had the PPF on my rockers (05 Elise( removed and replaced with Suntek Ultra. Cost was 600, which sounded a bit high to me initially but this was the installer I wanted to do my job and I'm sure he had to take into account the film could have been difficult to remove (which ultimately was not difficult considering he had the job done in less than 4 hours).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got a quote for 3m PPF that mimics the stock starshield locations (hood, bumper, side sill), minus the rear pieces, for $1300

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige
57 Posts
I just took off the 14 year old Starshield on my Exige last weekend. I still have to remove the front film but am trying to decide what to replace it with and if I want to do it myself. I know I will do the paint correction myself.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If I was to have new PPF installed I wouldn’t do the same pattern as the factory star shield. I’d do full converse of the front clam and the access covers.
I have a couple of small chips on the access covers and the center spine, areas the SS does not cover.

plus I hate the seam of only doing 1/2 the clam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts