The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I was able to pick up a pair of Transforged V2 mirror stalks from the board (really psyched as they were the ones I really wanted). I just ordered mirrors from Moto Works. I'm planning on painting them Polar Blue to match the car and leave the stalks gloss black. I've never painted carbon fiber before so is there anything special I'll need to do? I'm guessing not but what the hell, might as well ask now than find out later.

Thanks in advance,
Glam

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
If it has print thru ie texture use high build primer multiple coats then sand and finish as you normally would. If doing a color match Automotive Touch Up will color match and sells a kit with primer, base color and clearcoat.

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it has print thru ie texture use high build primer multiple coats then sand and finish as you normally would. If doing a color match Automotive Touch Up will color match and sells a kit with primer, base color and clearcoat.
Gracias mi amigo!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts