The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may finally be getting my hands on a pre-owned Elise after a year or so of looking for "the one". Unfortunately, however, despite it having everything I want, it also has some paint damage to the bottom of the nose. A "winglet" is scraped where it curves to the underside, and also the license plate area is scraped too. Also, on the rear clamshell lip (right above the exhaust area, there is a scuff mark.

None of these flaws are deal-breakers, but I would like to know if there is a way a body shop can repair them short of repainting the clams (no way do I want that done). Since the winglet is a seperate 'bump' and the rear lip is raised from the rest of the rear end, is it possible they could just repaint those areas and blend the color (Canyon Red Metallic) into the rest of the clam?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Autoglo here in Atlanta does stuff like this all the time with good results. I'm sure there are some in your area that your local Lotus dealer can recommend. I think that they blend in the color, then spray on clear coat up to a crease or break in the clam (such as the one that goes through the headlights). Ditto for rear. Again, a good shop should be able to do this.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Considering the location of the damage and how small it is I would get some touch-up and forget about it. I doubt you will see it and it is a low cost and safe thing to try. If anyone bends over to look at it when you are done then you can give them a nice kick in the rear for being overly anal. Spend your money on a supercharger or other mod.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Considering the location of the damage and how small it is I would get some touch-up and forget about it. I doubt you will see it and it is a low cost and safe thing to try. If anyone bends over to look at it when you are done then you can give them a nice kick in the rear for being overly anal. Spend your money on a supercharger or other mod.
+1. YOU will know these 'flaws' are there, and if you let them they will drive you crazy.

But NOBODY else, even at a judged car show, will see these scuffs.

Your car is going to get marked. That's the way it is.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
He's right, plus the car will wind up with more damage before it's over with.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Already having this damage (whether you decide to get it touched up) will make you feel better the first time you scrape it! :)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
A nice carbon fiber splitter would hide those scrapes.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts