The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a large amount of request I've decided to create a thread designed to tackle different paint schemes, many times we think of a paint scheme for our cars but don't know how to tackle them without the necessary expense. I encourage you guys to input both visually or descriptively an idea or concept you've been toying with and our collective thoughts will help come to a final desirable outcome. I think the Exige /Elise because of the contour of the lines on the car are some of the most challenging vehicles to get a good looking paint scheme on. Feel free to critique or input as you see fit, please be polite :D

I'll start with this little bugger i created a while back for Swinglo...

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Thanks for including me Render, added some red tonight so more to come...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Man this can be what I am looking for... I was going to start a thread. I was really curious to see what others have done to their Elise /exige. I am debating if I should do anything to my CO Elise. But I guess besides black... I can't think of a good color combo to work.

Please post pics of what u guys are working on or in what has been done. Thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
Any chance you could photoshop up an ardent red elise blacked out in the silver carbon areas of yellow99s beautiful matt pearl elise?
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/finished-my-custom-front-clam-101142/index7.html

He's made me realize I need to do something more exciting to mine and it seems a little vinyl, some spoilers and side skirts may be the ticket....or...anyone else have ideas to enhance an AR Elise?

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Ok, I have my final idea!

I'm doing my Dodge Sprinter in Lasic and Cataracts livery!! :D
What was really sweet was the Channel 4 news truck - they wouldn't let me take pics as it hasn't been unveiled just yet :cool:

BTW I'd pay someone to recreate my car in Forza, I just don't have the time or skills to do it.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
What was really sweet was the Channel 4 news truck - they wouldn't let me take pics as it hasn't been unveiled just yet :cool:

BTW I'd pay someone to recreate my car in Forza, I just don't have the time or skills to do it.
Channel 4 News Team? You kidding me?

Where Champ and Brick there?

You stay classy!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This an old worn out photo of one of my cars. I have since used the front clam for scraps and have the rear clam for sale, dirt cheap, since I bought the Exige body and 10 more Elise clams. I'm going with a different scheme or a solid color this time around.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Renderman,
Although your last image is close to the mark, I would like to see your suggestion on a "retouchable" paint scheme which provides an eye-catching pattern with painting the common "stone chip" areas on an Elise. This will allow owners to clean up common stone-chip areas without repainting the entire car. The front of my car and the rocker panels look like someone shot the paintjob there with rock salt. As these areas "weather" again, then it will just require limited areas painted again. And yes, I know all about starshield, it will likely be applied after the paint.

·
Registered
668 Posts
seams like this dark grey and orange works...

i will try to paint the area in between my lights on the rear clam a flat grey and have orange lettering... and perhaps go for new rims.. something like gunmetal... not dark, not silver.. orange stripe on the outer rim.. i am liking what i can visualize .... keep up the work.. you might give me more ideas..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts