The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted my brakes, not sure how I feel about it. It really draws attention to the rusty hardware. Might have to do something about that. For anyone wanting to highlight the letters and lines, just beware it is frustrating to get it clean looking.

Paintbrake.JPG

·
Registered
294 Posts
how come you didnt paint the rusted screws?

heres mine

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Did you use a Testor's enamel paint pen? Would've made a clean job a snap.
I would think that the testor enamel paint won't hold up very well to the heat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not paint the hardware for fear of making them more difficult to remove. A paint pen would have been great, but I had to use high tep ceramic paint... If they make that in a pen form I missed it. Would have saved me 30min. I willl keep an eye out for nickle hardware.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I did not paint the hardware for fear of making them more difficult to remove. A paint pen would have been great, but I had to use high tep ceramic paint... If they make that in a pen form I missed it. Would have saved me 30min. I willl keep an eye out for nickle hardware.
You wouldn't be painting the threads and those bolts that would normally be removed unless you had to rebuild your calipers. Change your fluid once a year and you won't have to do that. Those bolts are not removed when changing the pads.

To highlight the letters you can just hit them with a flat sanding block and then spray some clear on them. Time to highlight- 1 minute.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would think that the testor enamel paint won't hold up very well to the heat.
used their enamel before on brakes and engines... wait for it to completely dry before using your car then the heat will cure it... At least... it has for me in the past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts