The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got the Elise I have been thinking about painting the door recesses to match the curvature of the car. Always put it off because wasnt sure how it would look. Saw Tim had done it with Vynil and really liked it. So decided to go ahead and do it with the paint. Here are the pics of what I did. Also decided to redo the Center Console and design a two-tone look that flows more with the shift knob and e-brake.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Wow! You like to paint stuff huh! :D

What kind of paint are you using, I'm guessing that is no rattlecan job there.
Looks nice and detailed.
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do, Thanks.
I use a HVLP gun and PPG paint then of course wet sand to get a mirrored finish. You could do the same with a spray can I guess, it just depends on what you are accustomed too. Numerous people have used that method, I am just more familar with using a gun.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pics of entire car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Great idea!

I love it:clap:

Now smoke out your sidemarker. Its an eye sore now to the rest of the scheme.

·
Registered
933 Posts
You sure like to paint... haha

I would like to have your skill, painting is hard if you want it to come out nice.

The only thing i dont like are the wheels... All black would be better.

·
Registered
317 Posts
From the colors on the car and in the garage, I'm guessing Gamecock. Impressive work, btw. Gilbert sure looks nicer than what I remember from high school. How far are you from the lake?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We live in Gilbert off of Peach Festival Rd. Not far from the lake but by no means near it. Gilbert is near Lexington for those not familiar. The color scheme is in no way connected to the Gamecocks. They are Garnet and black. The choice of colors is purely a personal decision. I just happen to like Red and black. Have the same theme in my living room.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Cool touches. Car looks great. I'm really liking the recesses. I'm going to have an Isotope Exige 240 for the next couple weeks and have a little bit of leeway on what touches I add to it. If I get time I think I'm going to try the door recesses after seeing Tims and yours. I'd like to do it to my own car- but you know how it goes with ever getting the time to work on your own stuff- it took me 3 years to finally put the stripes on it. lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
great looking car!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool touches. Car looks great. I'm really liking the recesses. I'm going to have an Isotope Exige 240 for the next couple weeks and have a little bit of leeway on what touches I add to it. If I get time I think I'm going to try the door recesses after seeing Tims and yours. I'd like to do it to my own car- but you know how it goes with ever getting the time to work on your own stuff- it took me 3 years to finally put the stripes on it. lol
Yeah but when you get to doing yours, The technique will have been perfected!:D

Great idea!

I love it:clap:

Now smoke out your sidemarker. Its an eye sore now to the rest of the scheme.
Good Idea, I just may try that!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Daniel -

Been out of town but glad to come back and see someone else tried the "taylor swoosh" - it looks really, really sweet. Nice job. Everyone that has seen mine has loved the look.

In person, doesn't it just set off the car beautifully. It looks better than OEM!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts