The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this mod on the Audi TT and it looks great. Do you guys think this would work on the Elise?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
If you could change the headlight glass covers to be clear, it may work........but with the black outline on them, maybe not.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think there's too much black on the back side of the clear cover to paint the gray headlight housing body color like the Ferrari. I also want to reduce the size (actual or percieved) of the Elise headlights. You may be able to remove the black paint (?) from the clear covers and repaint that area body color. Mock it up with some painted contact paper first, and then post some photos. :)

John

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
The headlight covers are made of at least two parts bonded together. The clear part (including any black "painted" portion) is firmly attached to the "black" plastic cover that hides the headlight parts and just allows the lenses to poke through. I would think it would be very difficult to separate the parts for painting.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is my photophop attempt. Hmmm....not for me. :no:

·
Registered
368 Posts
:D I actually had thought of this a few weeks ago while i was staring at a Ferrari Modena. I did some coloring on a pic and it turned out funky looking like yours. It looks like a nerdy Elise. I haven't tried coloring the dark borders body color yet though. You might wanna try that with photoshop to see how that'll look. Get rid of those bold frame spectacles.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Can someone do a photoshop of a car that has the headlight covers the same color as the car. I'm trying to get an idea of what the car would look like if it had no headlights, or hidden pop up lights instead.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Considering there is paint available that can withstand the heat generated by braking for calipers, you should be able to find something, if it is indeed a problem.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
xxxotic said:
Can someone do a photoshop of a car that has the headlight covers the same color as the car. I'm trying to get an idea of what the car would look like if it had no headlights, or hidden pop up lights instead.
I just saw a picture on one of these forums of a silver one (autoshow) with covered headlights. I can't find it :mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I too would be interested in seeing a photoshop renditon of the black bourders in body color. I was thinking of this mod as well. I didn't realise the head-light cover was painted. Too bad.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ehhh. If one mods the head light, one would probably have to mod the blinkers too, but you can't go wrong painting the black part holding the windshield to match body color :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts