The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted the back vents and the front top grill with sem satin black paint. Also painted the lotus lettering and applied it to my 05 Elise. When the weather is nice again in Seattle, I'm going to paint the diffuser and all of the back component as well.

Attachments

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
TADTS All of them fade over time in the sun. I repainted mine as well, but will be swapping them all for mesh here soon.

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
are the rear letters gloss or matte?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did mine as well - really makes a difference to the car - would like to paint the windscreen surround as well but not sure how to do it nicely i.e. not look like an amateur job. Any ideas besides using a professional? CHEERS ED

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its matte finish. SEM satin black does a good job and its a nice shade of black. I still have to do the side vent panels.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Looks good and I'll probably have to do this as well at some point since my passenger side radiator vent is fading badly.

PS: Photoshopping your license plate number when posting pictures is more effective when done in ALL of the pictures posted -poke-

success:
image%20(2).jpeg

fail:
image%20(1).jpeg

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
For those not aware, SEM Color Coat paint is the greatest thing in the history of the world.

It's cheap and awesome and dries in 3 seconds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts