·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got bored - looks cool - john.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks great, what technique/products did you use?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Very nice. There is a write up on the Uberpost about the products and techniques. I used a small brush and model paint. Green and black.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great, what technique/products did you use?
Tester's model enamel - hundreds of colors available - apply two thick coats, wipe away most of the overspill with dry brown paper bag paper between coats and after the second coat - don't worry about getting it really clean just be careful not to cross contaminate one color into another (paper towel will pull the paint out of the grooves and leave lint in the grooves). After everything is cured put the tiniest amount of thinner on brown paper and wipe the aluminum clean - watch t.v. and drink beer while doing - john.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks good! When I did mine I went to walmart and chose 3 colors for .99 cents each. Did the "R" in red, numbers in Blue, and the line in black. I painted in the letters, let it dry, and used my fingernail to scrape the excess off. It turned out pretty good for a $3 job.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You can probably take a crayon, rub it with the color you want and fill the hole up with the crayon, and voila! I haven't tried it in a car so I don't know how well it'll hold up to the heat though.

·
shay2nak
25,043 Posts
cool...now paint the ball black!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts